Thoughts on My GFX?

What do you think of my GFX? Right now I am trying to improve lighting in my GFX.

GFX

Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s very difficulty to see the Skelton’s arena, maybe make them a diffrent dolor or asimalar color to the body of the Skelton.?

2 Likes

In my opinion, the lighting on the right skeleton is a bit weird. The one on the left looks really great and the lighting is soft so it looks realistic, but the right skeleton looks closer to plastic and it’s hard to tell what’s there if that makes any sense.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! I will try that on my next GFX.

2 Likes

Thanks! Next time I will try and make it less glossy.

1 Like

The background seems very dull and the skeleton on the right has terrible shadows.

2 Likes

The skeleton seems to be difficult for me to see due to the color of the skeleton. Think you can add a smidge of light on it? Overall, it’s not bad.

2 Likes

The lighting is terrible.
Let’s look into some examples of how correctly set up lighting for more spooky scenes should look like.

Notice how the ground is dark, yet you still can see the details in it.

You have also picked out the possibly worst lighting color for this one. Red light is used in darkrooms where you print photos. It’s because it’s the least bright color in the lighting color wheel.

Here’s a picture of how to does correctly set up lighting looks like with red lights.

TL;DR

Your lighting settings are terrible so either try nerfing the shades or add some weak extra lighting to lighten it up a little.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tips! I will try and work on my lighting.

2 Likes

Thanks! I will try and work on that. To be honest, I can’t see the right skeleton’s arm.

2 Likes

As an experienced GFX Artist, I think that you should maybe work on the lighting. The skeleton in front looks like it’s just standing and having it’s arms out.

Possibly, the best way to fix the lighting, is by changing the hue. The color red doesn’t really go with this GFX. Also, if you were going for a more eerie look, which I suppose you were aiming for. I think you should add more details, like fog or an eerie atmosphere. Overall it’s an okay GFX

2 Likes

I like the composition idea but I think there are a few things you can fix with the render.

First, textures for the skeleton seem very shiny, which is fairly different to the dark aesthetic I can see you’re going for, I’d recommend changing the material to a more matte surface, and with the background rocks I’d try something a bit more rock like to give added realism.

Secondly, the contrast of the shadow and skeleton is too little and it’s very hard to make out the skeleton and the shadow’s individual bodies. I’d fix this by either moving the shadow or lowering the contrast.

That’s all I can say right now, I like the composition and the figures, I think it has great potential and hopefully these two tips can help improve on it even more!
Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I think it is pretty good but the texture for the skeleton is bad.
The background feels pretty empty so consider adding a torch or something like that.

1 Like