Thoughts on my humvee model

I was making a humvee and I wanted to see if I could get any feedback on this mesh (It’s in blender). It took me a few hours to make and I finished it a couple weeks ago but I forgot to make a dev forum post on it. So here it is!

Humvee4

Humvee5

This is one of my first detailed vehicle models I have made and I would like to get some feedback. Any tips or tricks for adding more detail, Reducing triangles, and more would help a lot!

Thanks for reading!
:slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m not sure, but it looks like the diagonal piece of metal doesn’t go to the corner on the left door.
Also not sure what that hole is behind it.

3 Likes

The hole behind it is the fuel cap. Also the bar goes completely into the left corner door don’t worry!

2 Likes

it took you a few hours to make? Thats pretty fast damn. Really good model plenty of detail from a far

3 Likes

This looks very nice for something that was made in only a few hours. I haven’t jumped into making vehicles in Blender yet but I plan to in the future. Great job!

2 Likes

That looks quite remarkable. Well done. You have captured a lot of detail in your work and the build looks amazing. Please do post again, with the finished model, as I am sure that it is going to be fantastic.

3 Likes

Needs some armament on top. (minigun)

2 Likes

It’s perfect all of the features are very accurate to the real thing I’ve seen a lot of humvee’s in roblox but not as detailed as this one.Try adding some camo textures and make it look even better.

2 Likes

Make the handle bar on the other side.the one to the left looks big. I think putting another handle bar on the left side would make it look better.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I used a lot of reference pictures though!

2 Likes

This looks really nice and I love your attention to small detail (and I’m talking about the tiniest of areas). I don’t see anything to criticize too much. Nice job!

1 Like