Thoughts on my loading screen concept?

Is there anything I can improve on or change in this concept for a loading screen background for my game? This loading screen will appear when you are loading into a mini server.

1 Like

The graphic looks very dynamic and fun! To give it more of a loading screen vibe, I’d suggest maybe turning down the opacity/luminance of the image and prioritizing the text (loading and gameplay tips), as shown below:

Basically what you want to do is keep a balance between the graphics and the text: if there’s a lot of text involved (like gameplay tips or map descriptions), you’d want to add extra visual weight to those and less focus on the background; instead, if the loading screen is focused on the graphics, and barely relays on text (ex: just has a tiny loading bar at the bottom), you can get away with something more visually eye-catching and bright, such as these:

(Notice how the Pokemon Go screen manages to have both complex graphics and text included? Because they lowered the luminance and this, along with the white text, creates enough contrast.
In the end, it all depends on the vibe you’re going for and how creative you want to get with it, so good luck on your journey!

3 Likes

I added a vignette to the background, you were right, this looks 10x better than the original.

2 Likes