Thoughts on these pixelated GUI?

So as you can see here, I have a few pixelated icons for my game. I would like your honest opinions about this. Thanks.

10 Likes

They’re good, but in order to gauge how functional the UI is, I would need to know the game they’re located in and how the rest of the screen looks like. From only the picture you’ve shown, I can tell that the top button is a settings / configuration button, the middle one is some sort of inventory, backpack, or storage button, and the bottom button is probably some sort of statistics / stats menu for the player or their base.

Readability is very nice, style is on point, and the small little touches on the corners of each button I really enjoy. I’m getting this sort of Miner’s Haven / Azure Mines aesthetic vibe from the design, which is also really nice.

2 Likes

I greatly appreciate the feedbacks :smiley:

Also here are the rest of the UIs.

Please note that this is still under WIP.

5 Likes

Do you have a mobile screenshot too?

1 Like

Nope but they look identical as my PC screenshots, but the icons are just too small (Which I have to fix)

1 Like

i like it!! idk if this might help but give the UI in the middle a background so we don’t see whats behind it (in short , fill in the gaps) , but you can do whatever you think its the best
anywho good job on this :+1:

2 Likes

Appreciate the feedback. As for the UI in the middle do you mean the hotbar or the settings icon?

2 Likes

Did some polishing and improvements.

2 Likes

Looks better, the colour contrast between the settings icon and its background is minute and should be more dramatic. I would recommend making the gear icon darker for better colour contrast and separation.

This becomes important on a mobile device when you have to practically squint your eyes to see what type of icon it is.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback. I’ll see if the gear icon will look better if it was darker.

1 Like

i meant the hotbar
as for the gear icon maybe give it a little shine so it can stand out in the grey outline.

1 Like

I’ll try. Appreciate the feedback

1 Like

It looks really good, good luck on the game :smile:

1 Like