Thoughts on this gui's design?

Sorry, I don’t know where to put this, so I decided to put it here.

What do you think of my friend Repotted’s gui? It’s mean’t to be a re-design of the LV pick-lock gui

Capture.PNG

I’m not exactly sure how it works, but I feel like the white rectangles should be above the blue ones

10 Likes

I’m just looking for how people think of it design-wise

Design-wise the white bars should be above the blue ones.

The blue 1px outline isn’t all that appealing either.

4 Likes

I find the design to be very confusing. Why are the buttons so large? They also seem very flat and boring.

1 Like

My guess is you’re supposed to land the blue inside the white box, in which case it would make sense to have the blue on top. Maybe take out the transparency if that’s the case.

How come the blue bars have a sort of 3D shine, but the buttons don’t?

Aww shucks, people copying my GUIs, how flattering. I designed the original to be up and down because that’s how pins on locks would look if you took a cross section of the lock. Might be worth highlighting in red when they fail a pin

hard to think about the UI without any knowledge of the UX :123:

If you want my honest opinion, it looks a little bit outdated. The style was popular a few years ago, but now it’s just old.

Emporerj1m
If you want my honest opinion, it looks a little bit outdated. The style was popular a few years ago, but now it’s just old

I’m interested in seeing some trending styles atm then. Any examples?

You’re welcome :smile:

1 Like

I feel like it’s a bit too “boxy” and default Roblox. Why not add some custom image assets, or maybe make some of the frames/buttons rounded?

I’m not sure if material design applies as much to game design.

If you’re looking for a clean and modern UI, it does. :smile:

Maybe just having it all blue would work

I removed the border from the bottom and added a colorshifted shadow. Leaning more towards the blue.

Other than the blue bar and the white rectangles, you should change the overall design of the background of it. It gives me memories of those old, free modeled gun giver GUIs from 2012.