Thoughts or Feedback on My Simplistic Uniform?

Hi! I’ve been designing for a couple of months and I am currently trying to improve my skills in clothing design in many areas. As of now, I am working on a simple receptionist uniform commission. I didn’t know what else to add so this is all I got so far. If you could give me some thoughts or suggestions on what to add, that would be great!
Side Note: This uniform is 2nd uniform I’ve made ever and I am trying to get better every day.

Receptionist Uniform V1

Thanks for reading!!

7 Likes

I think it looks really good- the shading could be improved, such as the pockets in the shirt. It doesn’t “blend” into the entire outfit making it look copy and pasted instead of being part of the outfit.

I hope this was a good explanation- besides that, this is a really good uniform.

1 Like

I think it would be best if you showed what it looked like on a character, preferably with hats, because with such high detail sometimes it make the adornments look too simple! From my perspective it seems great and I have the impression you’ve been doing this for some time. I am curious as to how this could only be your second.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! I didn’t know how else to blend the pockets and line art in except by changing opacity. That’s one of my struggles when it comes to designing.

1 Like

Well just keep practicing! You have a lot of potential, more then some.

1 Like

When you say on a character, do you mean on ROBLOX and in-game type stuff? Also, yes this is my second time making a uniform. I don’t know how else to prove it LOL! :rofl:

Of course, it always appears different in the 3d context, for worse or better whether that means in a Blender render or just a Roblox Shirt.

Particularly concerning Roblox if the game has dark areas such things like the pants can become complete voids in appearance, something I learned when darkening a coat was that opacity 213/255 pure black-over-white, that’s dark enough that with a R6 back turned to a setting sun it is just a void of color.

If you don’t mind me asking, where you learned and what you use? Online tutorials and Photoshop I’d presume. If this is too much a digress just Dm me and I’ll remove this with request

1 Like

I kiiinda see what you mean but not fully. However, I use Paint.NET and I taught myself to make clothing. I have always enjoyed drawing and stuff and I guess I just took what I can do and incorporated it to my clothing.

1 Like