Thumbnails Render Engine

Recently i’ve been commissioned to create a set of simulator thumbnails. I’ve been trying to add some nice dark outlined and get the same realism effect such as one here.

I’m not sure if this was made in C4D or blender. I’m just trying to get the shinyness and the outlines. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

3 Likes

I myself use blender for GFX, so I don’t really know much about C4D, but I don’t really think it matters what you use. To get shinyness (reflections??), realistic lighting, shadows and dark outlines (AO??) I would recommend you to use a ray tracing rendering engine, like cycles, as they provide all of those things, if you have some good hardware ofc.

I don’t really know if you mean Ambient Occlusion by “dark outlined”, but maybe it is something that was added after rendering, in software like Photoshop or Gimp, like the green and blue lighting effect.

2 Likes

Ik who made that, he uses blender. Just crank the specular node and lower roughness for the shinyness. Outline was probably done in photoshop but you can put a point light behind the character and that may work.

2 Likes