Tips for creating a Sci-Fi experience?

Hi there! I’m working on creating a sci-fi experience, think QSERF/PBCC/Innovation Inc/etc, and I figured I should see if there are any tips or tools I should use while creating it!

I’m not personally building the map, but I will be scripting it as that’s what I’m good at.

If you have any tips or anything, please leave them below!

Thanks!

3 Likes

I would say sliding glass doors would be a fairly decent feature, but yet again I could be wrong. just tryna help

1 Like

Make everything rooms. Don’t allow the viewers to see much nature (like grass and trees).

1 Like

I was thinking some intentional nature could be nice, like keeping that underground feel but having some resemblance of nature.

1 Like

Future lighting and overuse of DiamondPlate and Metal materials.

1 Like

There are lots of Sci-Fi movies or series, you could use their environment as your reference, for example:
Contained nature; which is supposed to be nature inside of a containment area from the future.

Is Sci-Fi only future?
It does not have to be future only, but semi-futuristic, which is a world contained with futuristic trends however yet not everywhere, only some areas. It doesn’t have to have future as well but most Sci-Fi books or films do contain it anyways.

Materials needed to make a good sci-fi experience.
There are different materials and not just that but textures. I advise you look around for textures that would fit your experience and your game’s plot. It could be destroyed buildings covered in goo caused by monsters that have lived on earth many years before. (like the Cloverfield film).

How about everyday things we see (such as TV or Doors)
You can make floating TVs, or doors that slide or turn transparent. No need for a Closet when you can just walk through a Object and be fully clothed. Something like that.

What’s the best thing to do first
Like I said before films, books, images, series are great for references. Make sure you do use them and happy holidays.

1 Like