Tips for getting High Resolution Screenshots

I have been working on several projects that I want to show off or potentially put in a portfolio, but the problem is, I can’t get any high resolution screenshots of my creations. I have seen some other screenshots that are beautifully 1080p (or 720p its still beautiful). If you have any tips for getting a screenshot higher than your screen resolution, please share it with me below! Here is an example of some clean and crisp screenshots that I am looking to take. The following is made by Aotrou:

If i’m correct, I would suggest checking your edit quality level.

Settings > Rendering > EditQualityLevel

1 Like

If you have an Nvidia graphics card, look at DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution), it allows you to use high resolutions in games and even Windows which your monitor might not support (e.g. 4k on a 1080p monitor).

2 Likes

What OS are you using? Also are you using the Roblox screenshot or OS Screenshot system?

1 Like

OS, is it better or worse than the Roblox Screenshot? (I am guessing OS is better, just making sure.)

1 Like

If you are the owner of the game, you can join the game and change your game quality settings all the way to high. Then use the Free camera (Shift + P) and take a screenshot.

3 Likes

Roblox saves screenshots as compressed jpegs, whereas your OS doesn’t apply any compression when the image is copied to your clipboard. Using your OS to get the screenshot is better.

Try playing in full screen mode to get the highest resolution and, like iiSquare said, increase the edit quality of studio to 21 in your studio’s settings:

3 Likes

Thanks, that looks like a quality solution.

2 Likes