Tips on Making a Loading Screen

Need tips on making a Loading Screen if you Press Play

4 Likes

A similar post has already been created - be sure to search the forums, as your question may already be answered in previous posts.

Additionally, you can take a look at the Custom Loading Screens page for the tutorial.

3 Likes

1 question is it bad to copy scripts off of developer wiki for your game,just wondering

2 Likes

From what I see, I don’t think it would be bad, since every code sample on the page has a “Copy code” button on it. Of course, you might want to consider making some edits or additions to the code to make your loading screen look more unique.

3 Likes

Even if your a popular Developer

1 Like

Do you sometime copy code?
or does Most fans expect you to know it already

1 Like

If you’re really worried about copying the code, you could try to read the code and learn how it was created to create your own instead of copying it.

The wiki from the code is essentially just removing the code:
game.ReplicatedFirst:RemoveDefaultLoadingScreen()

Then the code below is where they create it by doing Instance.new(“ScreenGui”) which can easily be done without this by just adding one into your game.

From there, they customize it to their likings such as adding a textlabel for loading (Which is needed if you don’t want that, you can instead do a loading circle)

Basically, just create a ScreenGui and design your intro from there, once that is finished. You can go more complex by changing things such as animations, removing the default loading screen, or camera effects.

Some useful links for making your intro more special:
https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/class/TweenService (EDITED)
https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/class/StarterGui

Of course though, a loading screen should only be added if its truly needed, examples are :
Menu to play with friends
Check updates/info
Understand the game better

But you can also do it for aesthetic purposes of course :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want to get a nice idea going for loading screens, try playing this:

They created a custom loading screen for this game.

Hopefully this helped :smile:

4 Likes

Hmmmmmm… yeah don’t do that. Use TweenService instead. It can do everything these strange methods can do and more. They probably might get deprecated in the future as well.

Oops, probs referenced the wrong thing :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I only know about UI designing, I suggest you include funny jokes like “Just eating my 5- a day, our loading engine needs to stay healthy!” whilst the map is loading on the loading screen.

I have made a Loading screen that lasts while the loading orb exists around the player. Once the orb disappears, the loading screen goes off.