Tips regarding overlays and text fonts for GFX?

Greetings, my name is Sam and I’ve been doing GFX for a few months. I’ve earned quite a bit of robux for my work, but I always want to improve.

I feel that I have a firm grasp on renders, scenes, backgrounds, stuff like that. But there are a couple things I’ve been continuously struggling with, mainly because I can’t locate anything good.

My main question is, what kind of overlays and fonts do you guys use and where could I find them? Preferably free. Google images isn’t cutting it anymore.

Thank you in advance, I have been spectating the Roblox Dev Forum without being able to post for a while and I know I will receive quality responses.

3 Likes

Not really an artist here but I will remind you to keep in mind to check what licensing you need for the font you choose it might be a pain in the… well… and it might be unlikely that anything happens but keep in mind about the licenses for different fonts on the internet(Just because you can find the font online for free it doesnt mean you can use it commercially)

2 Likes

You just gotta use the right google searches. Here is also a website with so many different HDRI backgrounds, and they go up to 16k. You can do really cool things with them! HDRIs • Poly Haven
You really should just keep trying to look through google, or make your own backgrounds with roblox, blender, or draw them! I also think asking this question on Quora, or Reddit would be more beneficial to this question.
Good luck! :peace_symbol::wave::stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@SchwarzWalde

Ngl, I had to do some quick research on what HDRI backgrounds are, but this really helps. I can’t wait to use them in my GFX! Thanks for the help.

When commenting directed towards 1 person it is unnecessary to @ them, you should only @ people that you’re not commenting to. I’m happy to be able to help you though!

1 Like