Toaster! (A render engine for Roblox!)

… when it releases… release it soon please it sounds so good

1 Like

Right now it seems like a few more months in development :confused: because of my textures issue and other features, but when i release it, it will be free and open source!

Also thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

Good job! I love the idea of this.

2 Likes

This sounds pretty inefficient…

2 Likes

That’s how ray tracing works. I wouldn’t suggest using any roblox “Rendering Engines” because they are generally worse than the normal roblox rendering systems available.

These are still very cool projects! Keep up the good work!

8 Likes

Very good explanation! Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

This could be used for camera tools where it takes a snapshot of the screen and rebuilds it in pixels. Its laggy and doesnt look too good but could be really cool if your trying to not use any viewportframes

2 Likes

This is actually really cool, look forward to seeing the final product. It looks very different from normal Roblox’s rendering and seems like different shaders as well keep up the good work.

I like it A LOT. They’re realistic and basic at the same time. These are very well built, especially the Japanese Fort. I really like what you’ve made. You should maybe do commissions for these. It’s quite good these

I really like the idea. I have been searching about ray tracing on Roblox for a while now, but the only thing that I found, was a client side mod called ReShader that you might have heard of, but this is the only post in this forum that is trying to do something like this.

I really hope it releases soon

Beside the pictures, you had an FPS number, was that the actual FPS? like you can render that many times per frame.

Nah lol I wish it could do that! (The fps was what studio was at during the ray tracing)

Hello. So, I made a reply arround a month ago, and in this month, I’ve been doing some research on the Ray Tracing topic. Again, I do belive that your project is really nice, and you’re one of the first people to, even though you can’t have Ray tracing on, because Roblox is written in OpenGL(Rasterization Renderer, although you can use Global Illumination). Although there are these problems, I’m sure you are completely aware of them and you are trying to find your way arround those problems. Again, I hope it gets released soon and I’ll help in whatever I can do.

1 Like

Hi :D! So I have been putting this project on hold for a while now (because of school and other projects) and it most likely would just become forgotten with all the rest of my unfinished projects. Here is the roblox place and you are free to edit and change anything to your liking. I will warn you though, the code is undocumented, messy, and a bit hard to read. The main problem that I was facing while developing this was how to read the texture map to get a certain point of color (This just discouraged me eventually moving on to other things). I have DEFINITELY not given up yet and have tried to do more research on ray tracing, but for now I have to put this project on hold for a little while longer :sweat:

Roblox Place: ToasterAlpha.rbxl (119.3 KB)

Feel free to edit or even take any code from the project (just put some credit :)). Again I am very sorry to put this project on hold even longer :cold_sweat:

No problem and thanks. Actually, I had a thread(Closed by a mod about an hour ago because it wasn’t in the right topic.) I can send it to you. You probably already know most of that stuff, but the post asks the devs why Roblox still haven’t allowed GI or RTX for devs to implement into their games. Maybe, with that info you can find some work arrounds, or just gain more knowledge on the topic.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/why-isnt-it-possible-to-have-global-illumination-ray-tracing-without-reshade-in-roblox/947512?u=ilyfanyt

There you go.(Please mods. That is not a scam or illigal stuff, don’t ban me please :frowning: )

I hope you can find anything interesting in there.

Again, Looking forward into helping and testing the project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Holy cow! This is an awesome render engine! This could perhaps make cartoony style games even better in the future!

This plus PBR, this is going to be sick :slight_smile:

It’s cause he didnt follow the number one rule in rendering, make the edges a alpha

1 Like

I’m not a programmer myself, so could you explain why the Alpha channel is important in this situation?

Cause it makes sharp edges seem less pixelly, its an illusion.

1 Like