TODO Comments Finder

Hey guys, I made this plugin today, it may be helpful and its free (i made it for me at the beginning)

Have you ever tried to write `-- TODO: ` ? in your code

_- TO DO

Did you know that studio highlights those flags?

with --TODO you can find with ease every -- TODO: flags in a simple list:

Also added a new feature, all credits to @good_evening for the idea: You can toggle todos to done (it has been requested by some people)

find it there:

feedbacks would be great, same for a small like on the marketplace :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Looks useful. I don’t really know who would use this though. When I create a TO-DO Comment, I most likely don’t create multiple ones in different scripts unless I’m finished with the previous comment I created.

Good plugin though!

While Ctrl+F works to find TODO statements, I love the simplicity and UI of your plugin.

I would love to see the addition of a button that would dictate whether the TODO statements would only be found in the currently open script or all scripts in your game.

Another addition I would love to see is to add additional functionality that Ctrl+F doesn’t provide. Maybe a checkbox next to each TODO and as you complete them, users can simply click on the checkbox. This would be a fantastic addition as it would remove the statement without the user having to highlight the code where the TODO statement is before deleting the statement.

Great work so far though!

Why not just search all scripts for TODO comments with Control + Shift + F? Seems like a redundant plugin to me. Maybe turn it into some sort of checklist that you can mark as complete, which then removes the TODO comment from the script.

I cant seem to understand why so many people make comments denouncing the usefulness of a plugin or questioning the price, especially for free plugins. The plugin is literally free. You install it or you dont.

4 Likes

It’s also a thing about organization. I don’t want a plugin that does the exact same thing as a built-in one, but with less options.

1 Like

Gotcha ! Definitely gonna add this one :+1: thank you for the feed back

I found it use full because on vs code there is an option to show every todo in dart for exemple ( flutter programming language ) and it’s easier to use than control f or control shift f :slight_smile: