Tokyo Ghoul: Tragedy

Tokyo Ghoul: Tragedy

A game based on an anime

Hello, I would like to show off a game I have been working on for a while.

[details=The Team]We have a small team right now that consists of: smashduck, Noroi_Noro, Sen_Takatsuki, Arkatori, hajinj, TheOkabeRintarou and Alacricity.

Scripters:
Noroi_Noro
Sen_Takatsuki

Builders:
superstephon(me)
TheOkabeRintarou

Kagune Builder:
Arkatori

Graphics:
Alacricity
smashduck

Ui Maker:
smashduck

Music Coordinator, Video Producer, Longtime Worker.
hajinj
Here is the group link if you would like to join.

About

We are making this game based on the anime Tokyo Ghoul. This game won’t be like the other games that have a system of “Click to get stats” “Constant fighting chaos” The game will take the approach of more of a game of life where you can get a job and work like normal while facing the dangers of the world. Various quests and sub-quests so the game isn’t constant grinding. Turf Wars for more competitive play, and many more features to be decided. The game will still have every aspect of danger and mystery that it should. We have had a group only pre-alpha a couple months ago teasing the combat mechanics, character creation, intro ect. You can watch this video made by someone who has played it. He showcases less than half of the map in the video, and one of the four W.I.P kagune and animations that were made months ago when it was open. Video by CapitalXL

[details=Maps]The current map was made by Me(superstephon) and TheOkabeRintarou. It took around 30-ish hours in total work to finish. I believe it was worth it and it will give the game a good environment. The specific map was made using reference images of Tokyo’s Akihabara district. In the coming alpha there will be more than one map that you can choose from as the map that we currently have will most likely be too laggy for the average player to play comfortably in. There will also be more detailed maps coming so don’t worry about that either. Here’s images of the current map we have made so far.

We will use our friend, Noob, with the old Roblox logo for reference. :slight_smile:

Please don’t sue us SEGA

Day Images

There are interiors to some buildings and a lot more to the building portion of it, you’ll have to find out yourself.

[/details]

[details=Pre-Alpha]As you probably saw in the “About” section. If you haven’t here you go Video by CapitalXL We had a pre-alpha with decent of players. It was group-only for the small community of about 2500 in the group. We amounted a total of 21k visits. From the week long pre-alpha stage. We were amazed by the amount of players and people who really thought just the combat portion of the game was amazing. “Not much to do” would be the first thing that would come to mind when speaking about the pre-alpha. We weren’t happy at the time with how the game was going and you could say after that we had an uprising of new creativity and now we are pushing it higher than we wanted it to be. Here’s a preview of the basic moveset for one of four of the kagune available and one of four of the quinque available for use in the pre-alpha.

Ukaku Kagune

https://i.gyazo.com/549ef752c98f6d55dd390fbcfbfe67f6.mp4

Ukaku Quinque

https://i.gyazo.com/6f6bd4d8dc7f92554d602aa6ce899e5e.mp4
[/details]

[details=My Thoughts]I think that our game will not become and instant success and here is why.
Our game is being made with slow progress. Although are team is working hard to deliver and prep we still have other things to do irl. This will not stop the development of the game as I don’t like to abandon something I spent time in doing. Once the game is 100% finished to our liking I would like the game to be an example of what you can do with the Roblox engine. Even when it’s dead. [/details]

[details=Demo]The demo is going to be the second one we have made since the beginning of this project. We are making this to quench the thirst for the waiting fans. The demo will be open for all and will contain only a boss battle which is an iconic fight in the show. Here are previews on how the demo will look.

https://i.gyazo.com/da600bdadf559f8c273f66cefe4a8f47.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/07cafb4809c98ba91df1d4d58b602bd0.mp4
[/details]

Summary Of The Show

Tokyo Ghoul is set in an alternate reality where ghouls, individuals who can only survive by eating human flesh, live among the normal humans in secret, hiding their true nature to evade pursuit from the authorities(CCG). Including enhanced speed, senses, and regenerative ability, a regular ghoul is several times stronger than a normal human, has a skin resistant to ordinary piercing weapons and has at least one special predatory organ called a “Kagune”, which it can manifest and use as a weapon during combat. Another distinctive trait of ghouls is that when they are excited the color of their sclera in both eyes turns black and their irises red. In the case of a half-ghoul, only one of the eyes undergoes the transformation. A half-ghoul can either be born naturally as a ghoul and a human’s offspring, or artificially created by transplanting some ghoul organs into a human. In both cases, a half-ghoul is usually much stronger than a pure-blood ghoul. There is also the case of half-humans, hybrids of ghouls and humans that can feed like normal humans and lack a Kagune while possessing enhanced abilities, but shortened lifespans. To hunt down the ghouls, several government-sponsored organizations around the world were created. These organizations use a weapon called a “quinque” that is made from the ghouls’ “Kagune”

There will be way more to this game. We hope you enjoy!

What do you think?

• I would play this game
  • Take my robux
  • No I don’t think I would enjoy this game

0 voters

Impressions?

0 voters

That concludes the overview of the game. Comment below on what you think we can add to the game to satisfy your needs.

2 Likes

Just one comment: since Tokyo Ghoul is dubbed you might want to use the English identifiers for the attacks/actions (sorry, haven’t watched Tokyo Ghoul (yet?), so I don’t know what you call them). You might alienate people with the Japanese terms if they haven’t really watched (the) anime before. Can always add a setting later so that hardcore fans can set it to the Japanese terms.

1 Like

Ok, will do.

Tagging @Weeve since their a fan of TG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC5TRSj9gE I feel like this is how they will look at it if I used the japanese identifires.

4 Likes

Exactly :grin:

Instead of doing the animation route, you should go for some sort of physics bases IK, something where the tip of the kagune will always attempt to reach a target position, and the rest of it follows (adding in a bit of random leaning for sway effect)

You could do a lot more neat attacks this way, and make kagune be used for terrain navigation fairly smoothly.

That would be fairly hard to do as the system we are using. Skills and dodging will be part of the game so we have to keep in mind that if we used that method we would have trouble making skills as it would counter the IK in a way that it looks messy and odd. As for terrain navigation that would be amazing, but again I’m not too sure how it would work. I think it is possible to kind of merge the animation and the IK together for terrain navigation but we’ll see.