Tommy Tallarico Sound Design Kit Now Available

However, roblox doesn’t have to give in like this. They are laws, yes, but this settlement is ridiculous. Give him some money, sure, but kill off the SFX market? Why? Totally unnecessary.

4 Likes

Well, the oof sound is a classic, something made way back when roblox was released. Rip “oof” sound.

4 Likes

There is probably only one word that can describe the amount of emotion that I can feel right now based on this announcement:
“yikes.”

9 Likes

Did you read this post at all? This is a sheer advertisement Roblox is promotng, not giving room for their own developers. I would be fine with this if it weren’t for the shameless advertisement.

2 Likes

When people go to buy SFX, they are going to go with whoever roblox is promoting.

2 Likes
9 Likes

Roblox Corporate said in a statement that Tommy doesn’t own the ‘oof’ sound, so why did they settle with him; and presumably did this part of the settlement :thinking:

12 Likes

You still do get paid, if premium users visit it.

2 Likes

To also add to this thread, here is an argument.

Kevin Macleod, a prominent music creator, has uploaded at least 1000-2000 3-5 minute long music videos.

Kevin Macleod lets people use this music in their works for free.

Why should I pay 50 dollars for 500, short 2 second audio clips, when I can have 2000 5 minute audio clips for absolutely no price?

This is yet another reason as to why I do not like this update.

15 Likes

Great point there. Who is the real owner, as this makes it seem like Roblox didn’t own the sound after all…

This is just going to have to be a change we’re going to have to get used to. I get a lot of people aren’t happy that the oof sound is going away, but you should really be mad at Roblox and not Tommy since they were the ones who stole the sound in the first place.

I just wish there was a better replacement for the oof sound though, the surveys that they sent to us for the oof sound didn’t really provide any favorable options, and because of this, it’s going to be a rough change to adapt to, however, we can’t do anything about it, so we’re just going to have to accept it.

In conclusion, this is a loss that we will have to adapt to, but in the end, if you really think that it’s just a few seconds and Tommy shouldn’t be taking the oof sound away from Roblox because it’s only a few seconds, then you should be able to adapt to the new sound since it’s just a few seconds.

Edit: My reply didn’t answer the second issue, so I’ll edit it to answer it.

As a person who took Band for 3 years, I think this sound pack is worth the money, I won’t buy it, but it’s definetly worth it if you plan on buying it in my opinion. People pay Roblox musicians about 10,000 Robux for an original song, so for someone who can’t afford that, it would be a great deal for them. I mean, people are saying this is too expensive, but if freelancers charge more, then how is it too expensive?

Heck, this deal is a steal, in fact, it can take a musician 2 months to make an original song that’s about 5 minutes, at the minimum, this is 10,000 sounds we are talking about. Although yes, it is weird that we’re going to have to purchase Robux to upload theae sounds, it is still a pretty great deal.

So overall, I think we shouldn’t care about the controversy Tommy was in when it comes to this deal, it’s a great one, and that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

It’s much cheaper to settle than to actually defend a case in the USA, even if you are sure to win.

2 Likes

Or, if Roblox is innocent, then Roblox standing their ground and not paying the man may be preferred. Again, I don’t know all the facts.

This is not the case, people will still buy it. Roblox has sponsored this update on their developer forum, there are obviously people who will buy it regardless of what others think.

2 Likes

This is a literal ad. Really, Roblox? I don’t appreciate seeing LITERAL advertisements on my feed.

8 Likes

I would love to purchase the sounds. They are amazing and they really fit tons of budgets. However, the issue I am facing is why I am going to need to pay a second time. I don’t want to pay twice, one to Tommy and one to upload the sounds. It makes no sense to me.

4 Likes

I have one question.

Why are you PROMOTING someone who attempted to SUE you?

19 Likes

Do you think that everyone will go against him and not buy it? Roblox, one of the most popular video game platforms is advertising this. Just because nobody on this thread wants to pay for this doesn’t mean others won’t. Roblox has a platform of 2 billion users, of course, people will buy this.
Do not be so simpleminded.

1 Like

Supporting a patent troll is the last thing I will do.

25 Likes

I’m not sure if this is because I’m used to the old SFX, but the new SFX sounds way too realistic, especially for Roblox

2 Likes