Too much violence or gore in my upcoming game?

I think that the whole system is really cool, some people might get uneasy with it so I would make a kind off menu in the start menu or when you join which tells you that the game is graphical and also tells you how to open the options. Anyways the game looks very interesting!

Just allow toggling of the gore and your problem is mostly solved.

Phantom Forces has gore in it (blood splatters), it is default On, but you can toggle it Off in the game’s settings.

I think the initial video’s gore is fine as long as you can toggle it on or off easily.

Anything that would realistically make you go, “oh my god” in real life you probably shouldn’t be putting in your game.

The blood shooting out, as cool as it is. Would definitely get your game reviewed.

2 Likes

even now with the changes? that video was before I made this threat.

2 Likes

I think you should be good if you fixed that up, I think I saw another thread of yours maybe?

One where the limb was cut off and then the blood was squirting out, if not then that’s just a crazy coincidence.

That was mine, limbs can be cut off however blood does not squirt out much at all anymore and it has been reduced from lots of blood and pools to more of smallish droplets here and there.

However If you read my points above that is what I need a response with really.

2 Likes

Agh, that’s very hard to think about.

Personally, I wouldn’t care, and I don’t think any of the devs on this forum would really care for blood.

Many of us have played more realistic games with it.

But one thing you have to realize, is, roblox is forwarded towards kids, and with that being said I have one concern.

Limbs being cut off is fine, no harm there I don’t think.

But the blood splattered on the ground is almost too realistic, something you’d see at a crime scene, or in this case a sword-battle (lol)

There’s too much of it, that’s what i’d say based on the video I watched.

2 Likes

Understandable, however (I know some people don’t like me pointing out of games but it isn’t me attacking them) games such as Gladiator! were spotlighted by ROBLOX and judging by what the narrator says he seems to find it enjoyable, despite pointing out that it is very gory, but he does mention that blood can be disabled if you don’t want it.

Yeah, I see.

I think when gladiators was made, and trust me I remember that game, mtndewslayer or whatever his name was.

I don’t know if the younger generation of players had come through yet, all I would see were teens >= and such.

I’d give it a try, and if it goes under review then take some stuff out. It’s worth a shot.

2 Likes

It is times like this where I wish rating system or age requirements were a thing so at the least, Roblox wouldn’t have to worry as much as well as the developer not taking full consequences (if not any). For me, the only way you could get past something like this is by exaggerating it to where you have to use context to fully understand what is going on. Other than that, you are better off keeping the gore within the margin of games that can relate.

2 Likes

If there’s blood, just turn it purple and call it kool-aid! :joy:
But jokes aside, I would say just don’t make the animations too graphic, and don’t add graphic sounds. Those will DEFINITELY be bad.

5 Likes