Tool Animations

I know this has probably been asked already, but i can’t find it anywhere (i searched a lot!) so i’ll make a new post.

I need to make a tool animations where the tool itself moves, but i can’t seem to see a way of doing it. I’m using R6 models aswell, so i can’t move the hand as i’ve done in other projects. Plugins like Moon Animator are out of the question as i can’t afford them, which is why i’m searching for a simpler way.

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!

A pretty simple animation where the tools also moves.

1. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

I can’t actually animate the tool to make it move, if not with the arm itself but i need the tool to move alone.

i can’t move the tool without moving the arm.

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?

i’ve searched far and wide for tutorials, other posts here and my own solutions, but i couldn’t manage to find something that doesn’t use the 1.7k robux plugin.

I’ve had this issue before and its often the rigging of the rig, try to re-rig I never found the exact solution

1 Like

You can use Motor6Ds to animate the tool itself. First step is you need to create a Motor6D in your right arm, that’s also why you need 1.7k robux plugin so it can be welded instantly and easily (you can also create it in the other limbs but then it will not be comfortable to animate), second step is to set Motor6D’s Part0 to the right arm, and Part1 to your tool’s handle. If you want it to be animated itself in-game, you can just create a script that does all the steps i wrote earlier, or you can use this script from the creator of Moon Animator itself to weld it in-game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.