Tool colliding even though it is uncollidable

Hey! I set my unions/parts inside my tools as uncollidable (via property and via script) and it doesn’t work as soon as I equip the tool (for some milliseconds I think). It works after that, but my tool is equipped using an animation that makes the tool touch the ground, and that elevates my character a bit (which can be ignored, but would prefer not to happen) or flip my character and make it stay a couple seconds (until it “auto-stand up” again) on the floor (which can’t be ignored, and definitely don’t want to happen). The colliding is activated once the tool is unequipped, but that doesn’t seem to affect this issue.
I really need to fix this bug since is very annoying, please help me.

Thank you for reading!

First of all the “ player goes in the ground thing “ make sure the parts are un anchored, then use @EgoMoose ’s Tool Grip Editor plugin.

1 Like

Hi make sure its a script not a local script!
Try lifting the tool out of the ground.

1 Like

I could be entirely wrong about this, but I think this is a fundamental issue with tools. It seems CanCollide is treated as “true” by default for tool parts, only to be treated as it actually is shortly afterwards.
I have heard of people spam equipping/unequipping tools while having their arm against a wall to glitch through said wall because of this, in fact. They can get things like swords to repeatedly collide with walls in a way that causes a glitch.
You’ll want to create a collision group for tools and set it to not collide with the default collision group or any others you use, if any. Then change the tool parts’ collisiongroupid.

3 Likes

try making every part in the tool Massless via properties

1 Like

I already did all of those, I’ve been using these tools since +1yr, but have been experiencing this problem only since I added the equip animations to the tools.

Thank you for replying!

It is a server script, and I can lift the tool out of the ground.

Thank you for replying!

I’ll try this and @F0xBirdmansBFF solutions and check out if the issue is solved, then update you guys!

Thank you both for replying!

1 Like

Collision groups just worked, thank you very much!

1 Like

Hey, sorry for replying after two years, I still have the same problem and it flings the players in the air when they fast-switch tools, collision groups didn’t help. Any other solutions to this issue?

Not that I know of, unfortunately. If it’s in the air, I’m guessing the tool isn’t colliding with anything and something else might be the problem.