Tool disappears after a few seconds when equiped

So I have these 2 scripts one is for animations and the other one is to weld to to the player so I can play animations

Don’t Mind the script called At

Both the scripts are inside the tool

Animation:

Grip:

I followed this a bit to help me:

This is my problem:
Whenever I equip the tool it disappears after a few seconds out of my inventory and the when I play with others and look at their screen the sword is invisible and the animation keeps playing even when I don’t have the tool anymore while on my side the animation stops playing.

If you have any more questions or need to know more reply anytime.

Maybe the handle is falling into the void, causing the whole tool to be destroyed? Just a thought, it might not be the case at all.

Also, you make a variable for the player and character, but you don’t use them. Just saying.

1 Like

I made the Handle visible to check and everything sticks in place however just after a few seconds the sword vanishes and gets removed from my inventory

You are saying I don’t use the variable for the player and character if that’s the case and if that would fix this how would I go by fixing the script?

It looks like in your second script, you are deleting a weld for the right hand, but also remaking it before it’s destroyed. Why are you remaking the Motor6D?

If you’re talking about the a:Destroy()
if I don’t do that the tool won’t be able to move like in the animation it will just be stiff

The grip script was supposed to be a ServerScript so the Motor6D will replicate to everyone.

When I put it in serverscript and add my anims script accordingly none of the anims work

Even when I keep anims in the tool and put the grip in serverscript the tool will stick in place and not move with the animation

In the last code snippet you’re destroying the tool

Wdym

Nothing here is supposed to destroy the tool and I don’t see anything destroying the tool

Nvm it was something else. There’s probably something in the code that is destroying the tool though. Maybe remove a:Destroy() and m7d:Destroy() and see what happens.

If I remove both those the tool won’t move like it’s supposed to do in the animations

Strange, I don’t see what else could cause the issue.

Both script don’t work at all when I put them in server script I tested it out and even put a print to see if anything works and both script dont work when it’s in the serverscript

I even tested it out in a fresh baseplate to make sure other scripts weren’t the problem
and still the same

1 Like

Dang, I hope someone else is able to help. I’m going to log off now but I might be able to try again tomorrow.

No worries I hope with some more help I can figure this out thanks for trying today anyway

1 Like

For anyone wondering I managed to fix it

How did you fix it? I am having the same issue right now.

That was quite some time ago but I replaced the grip script completely and that worked