Tool model on Player's back after unequip

Hello!

This is my first topic after a long wait :smiley:

I was thinking on adding a feature to my game which is having the model of a weapon (tool) on the back of the player after unequiping it, as i have a lot of weapons because i’m using a modified Roblox Endorsed Weapon Kit. It should only show the last weapon that was unquipped

The main problem is that i suck at scripting and i’m not sure where to start from

Here is my game if you want to take a look: My game

Any tip, help or support will be truly appreciated!

PD: Sorry for my bad english

Regarding the weapon being connected to the back of the player, you would want to position it to the players root first then proceed to weld it by using either a WeldConstraints/Weld (Motor6D is also another alternative).

By positioning it it you could use the CFrame property of the player’s root to adjust it to the models primary part by using a method called SetPrimaryPartCFrame (Ofc since your aiming for the back of the player you would want to move it a few studs back)

Here a bit more info on the method: Model | Roblox Creator Documentation

And here you can find some info about WeldConstraints: WeldConstraint | Roblox Creator Documentation

Hope this helped :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for replying and also thanks for the info!

For now i’m still kinda lost on how to start but thank you anyway i’m getting on my mind how to do all this…