Tool not connecting to a player's hand

I’ve been searching the forums and the Developer Hub and can’t find the answer to this anywhere. So basically, I’m trying to make a tool that is an R6 player but the issue is that it doesn’t attach to the player’s hand instead it goes somewhere random on the map and I can’t find a fix for it, any answers?

1 Like

Okay, So firstly you’ll need something like a handle in the tool - Just called “Handle”. You’ll then need to weld the part(s) or model to that said handle. If you’re using something like Moon Animator’s Weld Edit (Or infact, any weld plugin), This should be pretty easy to do. Just make sure everything is aligned together and it fits. It will automatically weld to the hand once you equip the tool. I’ll give an example rbxl and show you what I mean by this.

What is inside the tool:
The result:

And here’s the download for the rbxl with the test tool:
ToolTest.rbxl (39.7 KB)

I hope this helped you. Reply to this if you have any questions.
And yes, this will work with R6 too.

2 Likes

Also make sure that none of the Parts in the Tool (including the Handle) are Anchored.

Sorry for the extremely late reply, but that is not what I meant. Here is an example:

I’ve tried many ways rearranging the the parts inside the model but they all didn’t work.

All of the parts are not anchored, but they are welded together.

Hey again.

If anything you can try and move the parts position manually in the tools properties. Handles can be weird like that. Alternatively you can weld the model further out instead of in the middle of the part.

I’m on mobile right now typing this so I can’t show an exact example but there should be an XYZ position for offset of the part for the C0 of the weld to the hand in the tool properties.

Once again I hope this helps.

Is it welded to the handle? If issue still persists and you have not tried this yet, maybe you can try this plugin by CloneTrooper1019.

May help, may not, worth a shot.

I don’t know how else but I only know like this. I usually use the qPerfectionWeld script
maybe it can help you. if can not help i apologize :pray:

I’ve tried that already, it didn’t work.

I’ve tried something like this but it does not weld to a player’s hand. [Tool.rbxl (35.9 KB)]

Is there any way to do this with the clothes?

try to enter this script into the Handle if it doesn’t work, I’m sorry.
https://www.roblox.com/library/181259635/qPerfectionWeld-Perfect-welding-for-EVERY-situat