Tool Randomizer - Other Players in the Server

Hello there,
i would like to make a tool randomizer. I want to show on the GUI which player and which item they have and their profile picture. You dont need to pay attention to the Value GUI.

devforum 1
These are the tools. (examples)

devforum 2
This is what i layered and named.

It looks something like this.

Now you may ask, why should i do this? Im very sorry if thats too much, if im being dishonest, please message me, you dont need to do this, only if you want.
I sadly do not know how to script with players in servers, i only know about the local player. So thats why i need help.

If you could help out i would thank you very much, im sorry if im being dishonest!
Hope you have a great day!

1 Like

just put a folder in server storage and put the tools in it. Then, do a math.random() to pick a random tool, and then either position or give the player the tool. i understand you want a gui for this also, this i do not know.

Yeah, but how do i acess the players? I only script with localplayer so i dont know anythng abt them

GetPlayers()? What do you mean access the players. Do you mean like GetPlayers() or something else im missing. local function GiveTool(player) maybe something like this function? sorry, i get confused easy.

No no i mean getplayers, just like that but i wanna get the names of the players. Just like a leaderboard

No no im sorry for being dishonest or wasting any time, im not that good at scripting

1 Like

then GetPlayers().name i guess. If you want a random, maybe use math random but im not good at scripting either so i have no idea lol.

So you want a script that gets the name of every player, is that correct?

Yes. Just like that. Its like a leaderboard, like which player is joining the round

Like a party is that possible im not very good

I can’t right now, but I’ll let you know when I get home.

1 Like

I am away, so I can’t script it and test it, but if you want to get all of the players, do a for i,v in pairs(game.Players:GetChildren) thing

it doenst print anything when i run it.

Code:

for i, plr in pairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do
print(plr.Name)
end

Instead of :GetPlayers, do :GetChildren

Okay thank you i will try that later

but i would really need help with that on the first line

It’s like math.random(1, #TOOLDIRECTORYHERE) or something. Would try it out, but I am out of state for a while

It didn’t work because you ran it as soon as the game started, when there were no players in-game yet.