Tool Teleporting me to it when equipped

Hi everyone, I wasn’t so sure about where to put this so I put it here.
My problem is kind of hard to explain, but that title says it all. I have a tool in the starterPack and a Handle to it (don’t know whether that’s an important detail or not), and when I eauip it in game, it teleports me to where it is in the workspace.
Here is a video to show you:

ToolTeleport.wmv (2.2 MB)

11 Likes

The handle (or any other parts) is anchored - unanchoring it should fix the problem. Also, you should convert the video to MP4 so that we don’t have to download it and even mobile devices can’t watch wmv files. There a few online

17 Likes

I think another problem might be that the tool’s Handle is on the ground. Maybe try putting it up in the air.

13 Likes

i now have another problem, which is that only the “Handle” part is appearing whereas two other parts should pop up (the blue parts of the video). Why is that and how can I fix it?

1 Like

You need to weld the parts together. I would recommend watching this video for help.

2 Likes
  1. Check if everything is welded
  2. Check if everything in unanchored
    3.Check if your parts touch the ground if its touching the ground move it a little up
7 Likes

everything about that is fine now, but one of the parts is not where it is supposed to be. See attached video (.MP4 this time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ). The blue circle is meant to be halfway in the cylinder to make it look like the cylinder has a round end (who hasn’t used that method lol)

1 Like

I would suggest re-welding it to see if it works. Make sure to use weld constraints not just welds.

2 Likes

To re-position the tool’s handle, use a plug-in such as this one, or position it manually via CFraming.

1 Like

I know this is an old post. However, I have run into a similar problem, we have 50 swords and 1 of them was slightly bigger than others and teleporting players to its initial location. We fixed this by making the handle massless.

14 Likes

I guess my phone is special then… I was able to watch it fine

2 Likes