Toolbox contains other users' group assets under the 'Inventory' category

Not sure how many other people are experiencing this, but every time I use roblox studio and I try to find something in the toolbox in my animations or models, it is cluttered by tons of other assets made by groups that I am in and apart of. This literally prevented me finding a few assets I needed.

Example of the ‘My Models’ category:

These are all from a group that i am in.

To reproduce this issue, open roblox studio, load a place and look at the toolbox under one of the ‘My’ categories.

Expected behavior

I expect to see only my assets, or assets I have downloaded under the inventory section. I have never click ‘get’ on any of these group assets.

10 Likes

Same can be applied to people who share audio with you. Despite never purchasing the audio or anything, simply them whitelisting it for you to use will throw it into the list of “My Audio”.

3 Likes

That is your inventory, it is the assets you have clicked, “Get” on, to find only your assets, they are in the Creations tab, the light bulb.

2 Likes

I have never owned any of these assets on my account, nor have I contributed. They are from dev groups I have joined ages ago with upload perms, and have recently appeared on the ‘inventory’ section for no reason, even though none of them are in my actual inventory.

4 Likes

I’m running into the same issue. I’m seeing assets for groups that I’m no longer a member of, and I’m still able to insert them which is kind of a big security issue.

3 Likes

I think it is a new update since the assets are technically also yours as you have upload permissions, if they are uploaded to the group I assume you can see it in your inventory, but again your main topic is wrong, as the assets you created are under the My Creations tab and not your inventory.

1 Like

The ‘inventory’ category is ‘your roblox inventory’ which contains any assets you specifically own. Whether they are ones you have made, or have gotten from the marketplace. The fact that group assets are showing up in that category at all is a problem, and the ‘my creations’ category doesn’t help with this case as i am often using assets that I’ve gotten that are in my inventory

2 Likes

Your original question stated you only wanted to see your assets, not assets you downloaded or got, please do not try gaslighting me after editing your post, my first reply was 3 days ago.

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot to clarify that originally, hence why i edited it. But by ‘my’ assets i meant assets that i own, which was pretty vague. Also im not trying to gaslight anyone.

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

I had the same issue back in September of 2023, it appears to be an ongoing issue for a long time at this point.

bump, this issue is still occurring! Any updates/progress on this?

1 Like

Is it possible to add another section in toolbox specifically for group assets? Unlike everyone else It’s been very convenient for me.

This already exists in the right-most tab (the one with lightbulb icon called “Creations”). From there:

1. Press the dropdown menu
  2. Select “Group Models”
  3. Choose the relevant group that you want to see the models of

Because that was already a feature before the behavior observed in the original post started occurring, it made the new unintended behavior more jarring because it essentially merged the existing functionality of the “My Models” and “Group Models” options together.

What you described in the original post had also been happening to me, but after the most recent Roblox Studio update, it seemed to revert back to the expected behavior.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. We have rolled back an update, and now you should be able to see all your uploaded assets under the Creations (lightbulb) tab.

The Inventory tab should contain assets that you have uploaded into your individual account, assets you have acquired from Creator Store, and assets (packages, video, audio) that have been shared with you by other users. In the Creations tab, you can filter between assets you have uploaded into your individual account and assets that were uploaded into your group accounts.

Please let us know if you are still having issues.

Also, to note, we are in the process of evaluating how we can improve the end-to-end inventory and asset management in Toolbox and Asset Manager, with a focus on scalability, usability and functionality. At this time, we will not be making further enhancements to the current inventory/creations sections in Toolbox, but will take the feedback into consideration. We will provide a more detailed update over the next couple of months.

Thanks!

2 Likes