Toolbox fails to load after searches

Usually when this happens it’s a plugin causing it, if the plugin icon is highlighted clicking it twice usually fixes it.

I even tried resetting Roblox and it doesn’t completely go away. Until the issue is resolved, just stick with re-docking the toolbox somewhere else or reopening the game. You may check your internet connection as well.

A temporary fix right now is to click the Play button and immediately press the Stop button (or F5) to have the models etc show up again. It’s still pretty annoying though, especially in big and detailed games. It happens for me usually when i search things while it’s loading another search.

1 Like

This is happening to me as well. It is extremely annoying as I have to reload Studio everytime.

Hello! I can tell it’s a matter of luck to happen and it’s happening sometimes.

it also happens to me! but its models

It’s been happening to me too, hope it is fixed!

it is happening quite long time aready, i hope they fix it, i need to close my place and open again for be able to use the toolbox again.

2 Likes

We are now working on a fix for this issue. For now, it looks like when this bug occurs, resizing the Toolbox window slightly causes all the assets to appear again.

5 Likes

Can reproduce. Resizing does not work for me.

1 Like

I get this a lot and a work around for me is scrolling the mouse wheel a bit while hovering over the toolbox widget. Hope this helps others for the time being!

1 Like

I’ve noticed it seems to happen more often when I type more than one word searches, although I can confirm this has happened to me numerous times and is super frustrating. (can we also talk about the broken menu when publishing)

Hello, this has been happening to me too. It doesn’t affect the model tab for me but is very apparent when searching for sounds and images. Haven’t tried searching for meshes.

This normally happens without reason. I tried searching ‘machinery’ in the audio tab and now only models load. Have to restart to fix the bug.

Edit: I just waited a while and it works again, but I expect it will probably stop again soon

1 Like

Getting it too. As above posters have stated:

• usually happens after a few searches using the same or different tabs, including multiple word searches.
  • waiting a while (searching through this post) then clicking on a different Toolbox tab caused it to start working again.

Also these errors popped up around the same time in the Output window:
23:42:17.376 - Image “rbxthumb://type=Asset&id=515362506&w=150&h=150” failed to load in “TextureManager::PreloadTexture”: Request failed
23:42:17.395 - ContentProvider:PreloadAsync() failed for rbxthumb://type=Asset&id=515362506&w=150&h=150
23:42:30.972 - Image “rbxthumb://type=Asset&id=289533245&w=150&h=150” failed to load in “TextureManager::PreloadTexture”: Request failed
23:42:30.985 - ContentProvider:PreloadAsync() failed for rbxthumb://type=Asset&id=289533245&w=150&h=150
23:42:31.142 - Image “rbxthumb://type=Asset&id=2272565572&w=150&h=150” failed to load in “TextureManager::PreloadTexture”: Request failed
23:42:31.158 - ContentProvider:PreloadAsync() failed for rbxthumb://type=Asset&id=2272565572&w=150&h=150

1 Like

This will be fixed in the next Studio release. Thanks for all the info on how to repro this bug!

4 Likes