Toolbox fails to load after searches

When I open a place, the toolbox works fine. It’s only until a few searches later that it does this every time:
Once this occurs, it persists in every category even when not searching. The only way I’ve been able to get around it is by using the website, dismissing the entire purpose of the toolbox.
This happens in every place after a few searches. All I have to do is open the toolbox and search a few times, and it yields no results. This started happening about one week ago, I was streaming and encountered it for the first time, leading me to believe that it was an internet issue. However, this has become a problem with every place since then.

I’ve seen this posted in the past, but they fell into the cracks of history and faded away with no real solution to them. Am I the only one with this issue?

51 Likes

I can also confirm that it happens to me.
The only way it gets fixed is I have to re-open the place again.

8 Likes

Hello! We’ve been trying to reproduce this with no success. Any more information would be helpful. Thanks.

6 Likes

Happens to me aswell. It gets fixed for a short period after opening a new place etc.

4 Likes

Yes, this has been happening to me as well. I discovered that if I drag the toolbox window and dock it somewhere else it will start loading items again without having to open a new instance of studio. For instance, if the toolbox is docked on the left side of the workspace when it stops loading items, I can drag it and dock it on on the top of the workspace and then it will start loading items again.

8 Likes

My internet connection is healthy and does it to me too, I noticed its after a few searches like said above, and its really annoying because i need a sky box and i experiment different kinds, so it is annoying, I’ve ran background checks to make sure roblox isnt slowing down or stop using wifi/internet. thats the information i can give you. roblox studio runs normally except the tool box overall.

4 Likes

Thank you for reporting! Our team is actively investigating this issue! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It always seem to happen once I scroll down a lot to look for content and clicking the clear button afterwards. Here’s my repro:

1. Search anything.
  2. Scroll down after passing 6 or more pages. (happened to me at like 6-8 pages in a test)
  3. Click the clear (X) button in the search bar.
  • Reload manually if it doesn’t do so automatically.

Once it reloads, it will fail.

2 Likes

This has happened to me at random times as well, and I have a strong internet connection as well. After clicking through the Toolbox tabs for a bit, it starts working again.

Thank you! These will help us find a solution to the issue.

2 Likes

This issue still happens to me. I will search a couple of times (to try to find an image for my gui) and then it always displays “No results found”. When images actually show up (they show up for the first couple of times I search for stuff) and I scroll down, some of the images wont show up and my output gets spammed with ContentProvider errors.

After searching for different images, at some point nothing will show up.

This is true. Why have the toolbox if you cant even use it properly?

This is what happened to this thread, hopefully my post will clarify that this is still a big issue.

5 Likes

I can confirm this happens to me as well, and this is really annoying as a developer trying to use the toolbox to import stuff and having to close and reopen place is really time-consuming.

4 Likes

I am also getting the same problem. This is problematic and it forces me to use the the website to search for assets. It also happens on every section, including the “my assets” section shown here: image.

5 Likes

Can as well confirm, seems to happen at random.

3 Likes

Can confirm that this happens at random and is extremely inconvenient. It disrupts the workflow some users may have, and it (as said previous times here) requires you to go to the actual website to search for assets.

6 Likes

This is also happening for me.
I have to completely restart Studio for the bug to fix :confused:

Also, it seems to happen at random. No matter how many searches, it will happen at a random time (usually 1-10 minutes after editing a place).

I also agree with what @Serenevoxol is saying about inconvenience.

2 Likes

You can just save and exit the place and then edit it back again.Or for example,change the tab from your current one to a different one like for example Models>images

Changing the tab doesn’t work for me, and saving and exiting the place is super inconvenient.

This happens constantly with me as well. I tend to have a few studio files open at a time and Ive noticed it happens in one studio file(not file specific) but if I have another studio file(not specific) open the toolbox works fine at the exact same time. I usually end up having to close the studio file its not working in and then reopen it which is incredibly inconvenient and frustrated when I am in the middle of trying to problem solve a script/part and am not ready to save and close the file. Ive had this issue when only one studio file is open too so I know its not a multiple file open issue.

It’s happening to me and my friend too, re-docking the widget sometimes fixes it but not all the time. It’s highly inconvenient. I saw this was being looked into, but that message was posted 2 months ago. Any updates regarding this since then?