Tools stays selected when there are a lot of things

This is a minor bug but I found out that when there are a lot of things the client needs to load (ie. Lots of things in ReplicatedStorage or Workspace), upon testing, the tools have like a 60 - 75% chance of staying selected which allows you to select things while you’re playing. I cannot get a reproducible “consistent” steps that make the tools stay selected, but it’s more likely to happen if there is a bunch of stuff.

Take this video for example. Pay attention to the top left on the tools bar. You can see that it doesn’t deselect properly and I can select stuff in the game while loaded.:

Again, this is a minor bug but it gets annoying when you have mouse click sensitive activities that you need to test. It’s also problematic where I have mouse locked games and I have to either alt-tab out and in to get my mouse to reset (pressing esc in-studio never worked for me for some reason) and then turn off the tool, or make an in-game mouse unlocker so I could turn it off.

Edit: Wrong category, switched from Studio Features to bugs.

1 Like

I also found out that making a server with at least 2 test clients in the test tab will dramatically increase the chances of this happening (had this happen 100% of the time when i’m doing it like that). It’s still really annoying trying to deselect the tool when testing click sensitive functions.