Tools with Custom Rig!

Hey!

I believe that I have tried nearly everything to try and put a tool/model onto this custom rig. it have tried using Heartbeat/RenderStepped, Motor6D, Attachments, Welds, etc. I’m not really sure how to make it stay attached it the hand with a viable look and setup. Has anyone done this before? and if so how?

1 Like

Is the body 1 mesh controlled by bones, or multiple split up meshes?

It has both, these are all the meshes under it, and the rest are bones.

Alright thanks, that makes this a lot simpler. If you already have the position of the hand, you can use a RenderStepped event to constantly update that, however in depth I’d need a bit of an explanation as to how it didn’t work for you when you tried it. Alternatively, you could use an attachment with a weld which removes a lot of the nitty-gritty adjustments as that way roblox updates it within their pipeline automatically.

I know this may not have worked for you before but I believe it is possible in such ways so understanding how it’s failing is important.

OK, pick your poison, then lets drink! :wine_glass:

1. You can make a custom mesh tool and assign all vertices to the hand that will be swinging it.
  2. You can write a script. A version that worked for me was posted in the Skinned Mesh Announcement thread. I can find it.
  3. You can wait. This is a feature they are trying very hard to add.
1 Like

I tried using RenderStepped, but the updating was kind of laggy and sluggish? Anything to combat this? I also tried to use attachments and welds, but it wasn’t getting the updated part position with those.

Here’s the code that worked for me. I get the flicker bug, but I have seen the fix (albeit briefly). Nothing to worry about right now. I should add I have a part follow the rig, and add the flame to the part.