Top bar different in studio than in game

The top bar changed in studio which changed all my UI positions, they originally were set to be -36 Y Offset to compensate for the usual in game top bar. But they are not the same, studio looks like a newer version. Should i update all my UI in studio to compensate this new top bar ? when will this new top bar be released if so?

Studio :

Ingame :

There is a large gap in the studio version, where as ingame it is up at the top. you can also see with the door, and the ping photos at the top left.

Updates like these are usually periodically rolled out to users, if it’s not game breaking I would recommend keeping the ui set to the old top bar, as far as I’m aware the majority of users still have that.

Unsure of when it’s rolled out to all users as Studio usually gets these updates a decent bit before the main game client, but you could always use IgnoreGuiInset for the main display and change the door and ping buttons to something different

1 Like

Thank you for the info on IgnoreGuiInset i didn’t know of it till now. I just went through and removed all my -36 offset i was adding on all my top of screen UI. I also just bumped into an issue with my crosshair thats a size of 0,0,0,0 that gets positioned to the mouse x, and mouse y. For some reason with IgnoreGuiInset enabled it puts the crosshair a lot higher than the mouse. Im not sure why that would be? I checked in all the code, where the positioning for the crosshair ui is. Its positioned directly on mouse.x and mouse.y and the size of the frame thats moved is 0,0,0,0.and is in the center of that visible crosshair.

I ended up just disabling the IgnoreGuiInset a few times and saw the absolute y changes by -58 so i just added it to the crosshair in the meantime. I thought enabling this wouldnt affect the screen space but i may be wrong.