Top-Rated sort no longer promotes highly-rated games

Around May 31 2020, Roblox “solved” the like-botting crisis, where bots were boosting games to the front of the Top-Rated sort. But, Roblox’s fix seems to have drastically lowered the importance of like/dislike ratios when determining what games get on the Top-Rated sort. Now, the Top-Rated sort looks very similar to the popularity based sorts.

High-quality, long-time residents of Top-Rated are now missing, such as World // Zero and Roses. The sort also now contains popular, low-rated games such as Puppet and Tower of Hell . I launched my premium game recently, and the game was getting good traction on Top-Rated sort until Roblox’s changes caused us not to show up at all.

Is there plans to return the Top-Rated sort back to what it was before May 31st 2020? I need some transparency about this because if Top-Rated sort will never again promote highly-rated games, then I need to convert my game to a free game.

Thank you.

14 Likes

I can confirm that highly rated games that have been a staple of the Top Rated page are continuing to disappear. My game, Pet Ranch Simulator 2, and another game, Fishing Simulator, have very recently disappeared from Top Rated despite being on there for months. There are likely many others that have disappeared that I don’t know about.

To clarify, this isn’t a case of a game’s rating dropping, causing them to fall off; it’s one where the highest rated games suddenly vanish from the page even though they previously held one of the highest spots on Top Rated.

When I contacted Roblox about this issue, I got a very dismissive response saying my game no longer met the new criteria of the Top Rated page, despite games like Wonder Woman, a game with 55% rating, taking up a spot on the page.

Roblox absolutely needs to look into their new algorithm as its clearly no longer promoting the highest rated games and is causing harm to many developers, especially those who made paid access or high quality niche games, who relied on the page for visibility.

5 Likes