Topbar+ v1 (deprecated) | Add additional functionality and themes to your topbar

Many of the methods are identical or similar however features like themes and dropdowns have been completely re-vamped therefore no (hence the new version)

@LitTurtleMan Your icons image appears to be fine. If may look glitched if you don’t tailor the icons resolution to that of the topbar icons size (I recommend anything around 48x48)

1 Like

Pretty awesome. I love that the topbar can now have custom buttons like used on your HD admin!

Is it possible to make an Icon use TweenService or other stuff for a Frame or can it only use Visible?

EDIT: I have found out how now.

icon:setToggleFunction(function()
    --code here
end)
2 Likes

How do you add a function when it is opened?

icon.selected:Connect(function()
    -- execute action when icon opened/selected
end)

icon.deselected:Connect(function()
    -- execute action when icon closed/deselected
end)

I cant seem to get the plugin. i installed it and it doesnt show up anywhere. and it simply doesnt make sense how it works.

TopbarPlus doesn’t have any official plugin. v1 was deprecated a while back so consider using v2 instead which has a much greater feature set and is easier to use:

yeah i was realizing half way through trying to figure it out. luckily in the end i followed the “getting started” and now i got it working!

@ForeverHD I installed this and I found that this contains several modules and numerous methods, I was wondering, do all of these methods serve a purpose?

This is outdated and depreciated. Install Topbar+ V2. However, both this and V2 both contains many modules and methods. They are required to make Topbar+ function. If you are curious you could probably examine the scripts yourself to be positive.

1 Like

Thank you, you’re probably right. I tried reading the mods. but a lot of it is just comments and even when you get into real code, it’s so long and most of it is not “relatable”, meaning something I am convinced serves a purpose.

As Xo explained you shouldn’t be using v1 anymore. If you move over to v2 you can visit the API docs where all the relevant methods are explained:

If a method isn’t documented, it’s likely something internal used to make topbarplus function which you shouldn’t need to worry about.

1 Like

Hi the :deselect() isnt working ?
Heres what my code look like
poh
and the error says

Make sure to update to the latest version:

If it repeats can you then provide code snippets / further details of the issue at the other thread.

its the latest version only.
poh

and these images show the error and the code

Hello guys, do you know how to make like this in photoshop? like color and what it’s transparent?

its 0.5 trans with full black 0,0,0

I’m having quite some trouble with applying functions to different Buttons

local GuiToggle = Icon.new()
	:setName("GUIToggle")
	:setImage(11645662940)
	:bindToggleKey(Enum.KeyCode.F1)
	:setTip("(F1)")
	:setLabel("Show/Hide Interface", "hovering")
	GuiToggle.selected:Connect(function()
		workspace:SetAttribute("InterfaceDisabled", true)
		Utils.ToggleGUIs(player, false)
	end)
	GuiToggle.deselected:Connect(function()
		workspace:SetAttribute("InterfaceDisabled", nil)
		Utils.ToggleGUIs(player, true)
	end)

this button works just fine, the issue is with the other one which is

local Toggle = Icon.new()
	:setName("AdminPannelToggle")
	:setImage(6778632035)
	:bindToggleKey(Enum.KeyCode.F2)
	:setTip("(F2)")
	:setLabel("Admin Panel", "hovering")
	Toggle.selected:Connect(function()
		Frame.Visible = true
		ChoicesHolder.Visible = true
	end)
	Toggle.deselected:Connect(function()
		Frame.Visible = false
		ChoicesHolder.Visible = false
	end)

when it’s used while the 1st button is performing it’s “selected” function, it ends up triggering the “deselected” for button1 for some reason… am i doing this wrong? (im using the new version)

That’s not how you handle button clicking with TopbarPlus. Look at the docs. Also this is an old and outdated topic, if you have any questions ask here: TopbarPlus v2.9.1 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

Reply to the new topic to ask questions TopbarPlus v2.9.1 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

also yes, if you check the docs, there’s a property for icons that when set to true, when another button is selected, the button that was already selected is deselected and I’m pretty sure the property is set to true by default