Topbar+ v1 (deprecated) | Add additional functionality and themes to your topbar

How could I make an icon appear only if the player’s UserId is in a table?

I’ve never seen anything more beautiful in my entire life than this… EPIC! :sunglasses: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: You sir are a mastermind, I will applaud you for this. :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like
1 Like

this, at least in my game, makes it so that it WORKS on roblox studio, but NOT in actual roblox.

If you’re referring to the icon constructed from createFakeChat then I’d highly advise against using this - Roblox recently removed signals from their chat modules making it impossible to mimic the chat anymore.

I should have some time to finish TopbarPlus V2 in the coming days to replace this. If this looks to take longer than expected I’ll add some deprecated tags to the V1 methods.

2 Likes

It seems to work on mobile, studio, and MAYBE in the normal roblox app, but I got the new roblox app beta and hm its not working with that, thanks. I’ll be looking for that

Does this support being made to make it so we can add a sound effect when clicked?

Whenever I change the icon picture it seems to glitch out for some reason?

We do as part of the new theme settings for TopbarPlus v2:

(aiming to release end of Jan)

Can you explain the bug in more detail? We are aware of a bug when setting the image icon:setImage() (as apposed to including it within the construction parameters .new(...)) which we’ve fixed for v2.

2 Likes

So after I paste the image ID (Example, 1)
I press play, but the image that was supposed to appear seems to be glitched.

Will this v2 be backwards compatible with v1?

Many of the methods are identical or similar however features like themes and dropdowns have been completely re-vamped therefore no (hence the new version)

@LitTurtleMan Your icons image appears to be fine. If may look glitched if you don’t tailor the icons resolution to that of the topbar icons size (I recommend anything around 48x48)

1 Like

Pretty awesome. I love that the topbar can now have custom buttons like used on your HD admin!

Is it possible to make an Icon use TweenService or other stuff for a Frame or can it only use Visible?

EDIT: I have found out how now.

icon:setToggleFunction(function()
    --code here
end)
2 Likes

How do you add a function when it is opened?

icon.selected:Connect(function()
    -- execute action when icon opened/selected
end)

icon.deselected:Connect(function()
    -- execute action when icon closed/deselected
end)

I cant seem to get the plugin. i installed it and it doesnt show up anywhere. and it simply doesnt make sense how it works.

TopbarPlus doesn’t have any official plugin. v1 was deprecated a while back so consider using v2 instead which has a much greater feature set and is easier to use:

yeah i was realizing half way through trying to figure it out. luckily in the end i followed the “getting started” and now i got it working!

@ForeverHD I installed this and I found that this contains several modules and numerous methods, I was wondering, do all of these methods serve a purpose?