TopbarPlus icons duplicating when player resets

I was playtesting my game and noticed that when my character dies, the topbar icons duplicate.

Before:

After:

I wouldn’t know where to start looking.

All I have tried so far is removing a cutscene script and another free model script that I thought could cause the problem.

I am super unfamiliar with a lot of roblox terms so I may need some better explaining if I’m not understanding things.

Suggested you keep scripts that are intended to run once on player join in places like StarterPlayerScript or inside a ScreenGui with the ScreenGui ‘ResetOnRespawn’ turned off so it won’t run again.

3 Likes

Where is your code that adds the buttons? You might have put in StarterCharacterScripts, so it runs every time a character is added. If you did put it in StarterCharacterScripts, try moving it to StarterPlayerScripts

2 Likes

I’m using TopbarPlus which automatically added scripts for me. Nothing is in StarterCharacterScripts though.

I believe you should have some code that looks like this:

local Icon = require(game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").Icon)

local newIcon = Icon.new()
newIcon:setImage(6326373239)
newIcon:setLabel("Nanoblox")

I have experienced this while making my topbar, if you are using a script that is placed in StarterGui I recommend you put that script inside a ScreenGui and set ResetOnSpawn in the ScreenGui to false and that should resolve the problem.