[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

Hey there, can we talk in DM’s about TopbarPlus? I am having issues installing it.

Is it possible to just require the module within a script? like require(whateverthemoduleidis)?

I recommend learning how to use a module and a script first.

Hey forever, roblox updated their UI again…

3 Likes

I know how to use a module and a script lol, my question was if it was possible to require the module without having the actual model inside the main model, so that it would minimize the scripts within this product

This is a good question: I plan to support auto versioning for v3 by converting the Icon into a package. Package updating currently hasn’t been rolled out but it’s designed this way in hopes it eventually does:

require(MainModuleId) is being removed entirely hence why best to avoid:

8 Likes

oh woah, you can’t require() anymore? what if im trying to require a like Settings script such as script.Settings?

1 Like

He means with IDs like requesting a 3rd party module from the ID

its not only require(MainModuleId) that gets you under fire
we had a module ( which was a package ) that contained themes for maps and stuff and they were based on the place ids
and that got the module and the publisher banned under malicious code guideline , took us a while to get it backup and stuff . any mention of ids will just get you under fire

1 Like

Will you be uploading v3 to wally?

Finally topbar plus v3 is gonna release soon

Finally, V3 is gonna coming soon! I am excited to test TopBarPlus V3!

Cant wait!
Question Though Will we need to change the script or can we just reuse the ones from v2?

you need to do icon:autoDeselect(false)

Is there a way to make a dropdown from a dropdown without it looking so weird?
Ex: Pressing a button inside a dropdown creates another dropdown directly to the side of it

I’ve tried changing the code in the module to fit my needs to little avail, since I can’t understand how it works or what look for :sweat_smile:

day 9 of waiting for TopBarPlus V3 to release (still excited)

4 Likes

The majority of v3 will be backwards compatible with v2. The new theme system and a few removed methods will be the only significant non-compatible changes.

2 Likes

Thanks for the Explanation : D

1 Like

topbarplus v3 is very glitchy with old topbar

Just published old topbar support! Lemme know if any issues occur after re-inserting the new package from the playground:

7 Likes