(topic deleted by author)

(topic deleted by author)

10 Likes

this isn’t reddit, not everyone wants to hesistate posting a topic bc they’re worried a bunch of reddit ppl are going to dislike it

23 Likes

Gives me stackoverflow ptsd

14 Likes

I would say this may be a cool feature

BUT

It should probably only be for solutions. You may want to dislike a solution because it doesnt work, or its outdated. If it is a good solution, then like it
Hovever, this shouldnt be a big thing since we have the like button already, maybe just some small text placing a percentage displaying the ratio

10 Likes

I’m aware of this, but not everyone will hesitate to post a topic because of people that disagree. Life is full of opinions. If they’re hesitating to post because of this, that seems more like a personal problem to me. You can’t expect everyone to agree with you at all times. There will be people that disagree. I do understand what you mean though.

(I’m not trying to be rude by the way. I come off as rude sometimes, so I’m just clarifying.)

3 Likes

I believe you can flag the solution/post and inform the devforum team that the post is outdated and no longer a good resource, then they’ll hide the post or mark it with the correct solution. This is far better than a couple of dislikes and likes ratio.

3 Likes

I think polls are sufficient for gathering agree/disagree opinion, but the creator of the post would have to add that themselves.

I agree that liking doesn’t always means agreeing with someone. But, I don’t think this agree/disagree system should be imbedded into all posts.

2 Likes

This is what replies are for. If you agree, not much needs to be said. If we add a dislike button, people are going to just dislike and leave without saying anything. So, instead, people are required to reply with a minimum limit of words to encourage actual conversations, just like how I am right now lol.

If people don’t want your qualitative opinion, they can get it quantitative with a poll.

4 Likes

As coolsbloxian said, this would really only be good for solutions (like what stackoverflow has) - This is a bad idea for anything else, especially since we have the like button already.

Putting polls for everything would just cause enormous clutter and be an annoyance.

2 Likes

I have a hard disagree with this

It would’ve been better if there’s an “Readers added context”

2 Likes

That already exists here but in different form. Agree = heart, Disagree = give a brutal reply.

3 Likes

Is there a reason why you can’t reply in order to show your disapproval? There is never a reason to ‘just dislike something’, and there should always be rationale behind your disliking of the post which could be addressed in the form of a reply. As shown on the Roblox website (through game ratings), closed-ended like / dislike polls don’t do a good job at telling the OP what people don’t like.

2 Likes

Dislikes aren’t helpful for this forum. Have you ever seen a reddit post or something that gets downvoted to hellbut nobody replies so you’ll never know why people hated it? That’s the problem

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone would want to fall into a deep depression after getting mass downvoted without any replies.

1 Like

I’ve never used Reddit, but I understand what you mean.

1 Like

As nice as it sounds, this wouldn’t help much if at all. If your post was to have a dislike/like feature and it was massively disliked or even liked, you would never know why the public disagrees/agrees with you (same goes for the like/dislike feature on Roblox). If you have a opinion, positive or negative, and assuming it’s not too controversial, it’s encouraged that you post it.

1 Like

This may be helpful in some situations but I feel like this may bring toxicity to this community.

2 Likes