TOS Clarification (Robux Usage)

Hello! Today I had this idea that I thought was quite brilliant, but I am not sure fits within the guidelines of this particular subject. The words documented confused me so I came here to clear it up before I do anything. If I could get staff approval as well that would be great.

The idea:

• A trading card game in which players may unlock cards by playing the game, like a regular trading game.
  • This is where it gets tricky for me anyway. The players(A) can now use these cards for benefits in game, but can trade these cards with other players(B) in game for robux via shirts and/or gamepasses, it would be a similar system to Pls Donate or more specifically, Starving Artists, though not similar in the sense of unlocking these trading cards.

Essentially in a few words: players unlock trading cards and can sell them with other players in the experience. But these cards can’t be exchanged back to real life currency, or any other real thing/possesion. Think of it as a trade hangout where you can get the items for in game currency as well.

The ultimate goal with this system would be assuming that it’s approved, is to create an economy inside the game that uses robux so it can be still used throughout the platform, hopefully as far as I’m aware, this would not be a black market. Right?

Again, I could be very much mistaken, so try to not hit me too hard if it’s not allowed.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m not sure, but in the ToS there’s a part stating that you have to do a check/isn’t allowed (don’t remember which of the 2) things you buy with Robux, I also think as long as the cards/products can only be bites with Robux you should be good (take this with a grain of salt)

1 Like

Hypothetically speaking… I could create dozens of accounts to grind the game mechanics and earn cards to then sell for robux? Is the trading at a fixed price or can I do a token trade to consolidate this to one account? Could I then use these robux to purchase a developer item I had made to convert this to earned credit and then get a developer payout?
I have no idea if it’s allowed but I think it’s wide open to misuse if I understood your idea as written above.

1 Like

You make a good point, and I can’t think of a way around this.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.