ToS question (Gambling)

To make it clear, I was wondering if I can make a system so users can bid in-game currency to get special weapons, abilities, etc. I could not find this on the ToS.

Example

Player 1 bids 600 currency for a special gun
Player 2 bids 450 currency for a special gun
Player 3 bids 200 currency for a special gun

Player 1 bid the most, so they obtain the item (one life), and the game takes the winner’s bid from their currency count. Players 2 and 3 keep 75% of their currency they put for their bid.

Tell me if this system is fair or not.

Problems

Problem: a player bids 10k+ on a gun, way above everyone else
Solution: balanced bidding places where people with higher amounts of currency go, lower with lower, etc.

Should I consider using this?

• This is perfectly fine, you can do this.
  • Middle.
  • You cannot do this and you will get moderated.

0 voters

Thank you!

This is fine as long as it doesn’t involve using robux or actual money (like pet simulator x’s exclusive egg, i don’t know why nothing has been done yet) . There are tons of games that do this such as Trade Tower.

4 Likes

Okay, thanks for letting me know!

Adding on to what @zaydoudou said, you’ll be fine since it doesn’t use Robux, but rather your in-game currency.

But this is more or less an auction, isn’t it? Excluding the part where the bidders lose 25% of the cash they used to bid if they don’t win.

Sounds unique!

1 Like

This is fine. HOWEVER. The in-game currency must NOT be purchasable using Robux, otherwise it is the equivalent of gambling with real money; breaking ToS.

2 Likes

Absolutely, 100% OK, some games have their entire structure based on gambling eg. Idiotic Investing. So this is totally fine. As long as it does not include actual money being at loss.

The currency and item cannot be turned into robux.
That’s all I know.

Okay, so I can’t make a shop to get more currency? Which of these can I do, to be sure:

Make gamepasses like double currency
Make a shop for currency

Neither. You cannot allow players to purchase the currency related to gambling mechanics. Gamepasses I’m not certain is disallowed but I wouldn’t risk it. If you want players to be able to purchase game currency with Robux (unrelated to gambling), an alternative may be a special unpurchasable currency specifically for that.

Okay, thanks for making sure

Summary

This text will be hidden