Touched and TouchEnded events both constantly triggering in first person when inside a part

Hi all. I’m currently experiencing a bug with touched events that occurs when I go inside of a part with CanCollide set to false that has a script using Touched and TouchEnded events.

This happens 100% of the time with no workaround possible (or as far as I can tell)

I’ve tried:

• Disabling the new Lua VM in studio
  • Only having one of the events being used (e.g only Touched or TouchedEnded in the script)
  • Using R6 instead of R15
  • Deleting all code within the functions that use the events and only include a print to see if my code is messing with it

All to no avail, the bug still happens. This also happens in client, not just studio.

Video:

Here is a place file where the bug seems to be occuring:
TouchedBug.rbxl (63.4 KB)

I don’t know when the bug began happening as I encountered it randomly while working on something for my game.

I’m running Windows 10 Version 1909.

You can reproduce this bug very easily by simply walking into the detection part in first person. It works normally in third person.

Cheers,
reddust1.

3 Likes

Hey, I can also confirm that this (bug) is also happening to me. I have recently made a similar script and it keeps triggering the events in first-person. First I thought that it has anything to do with the player’s transparency since the player becomes invisible in first-person. But that wouldn’t really make sense because the invisibility is locally and invisible Parts can still trigger Touch events.

1 Like