Touchpad Scrolling Active for Non-Touchpad Devices

Note: I myself have not personally experienced this bug (yet?), however I have multiple accounts from various people experiencing this issue at random, and I will try to include as much information as I can since this doesn’t appear to yet be reported.

A lot of players have been experiencing touchpad scrolling randomly activating on their desktop machines and when using a mouse in the middle of gameplay. I’ve heard of this occuring in multiple games, such as Eclipsis.

This issue appears to have been occuring for several weeks now (at least three) and it seems like this was not occuring until the touchpad scrolling update.

From what I am hearing all people have had the following in common:

• Scrolling does not zoom, but instead rotates the camera up/down
  • Players are using a mouse
  • Several players are using a desktop PC with no touchpad

I would love to gather hardware information (mouse model/brand, input drivers, number of input devices with drivers, etc) from the people who have brought this up an I’ll hopefully be able to put that information in this post tonight. I just wanted to get this posted because I’m hearing about it very frequently and I can’t seem to find a report anywhere yet.

Update
This can consistently be reproduced for anyone by holding shift or control while scrolling, however for some users this is supposedly occuring at random as well. I have confirmed the behaviour is the same from these users.

4 Likes

This bug is still occurring, and consistently reproducible in a Baseplate as well as a majority of Roblox games, however the criteria that cause this issue have slightly changed in my case. All modifier keys except control cause (what I believe to be) touchpad pan mode to permanently activate. Additionally, two finger pinch zooming
on an actual touchpad triggers this mode permanently (I myself do not have a touchpad, I am on a desktop PC with a mouse/keyboard).

Holding control now has the effect of fixing the issue only while control is pressed, but when it is released you are stuck panning when you scroll.

This bug is getting in the way of gameplay in multiple games I play and is consistently reproducible on all users who have tested this including desktop and laptop users with no apparent differences in behavior.

1 Like