TouchPan does not work on touch based device in studio emulator

I’m trying to use the TouchPan event, however I can’t seem to get it to work on the emulator. I don’t have easy access to touch devices, nor do I wanna have to publish the game, open it on my phone, try to tediously open the console on a small screen and read errors/etc.

Repro:

local UserInputService = game:GetService("UserInputService")

local function Pan(touchPositions, totalTranslation, velocity, state, GPE)
	print("Panning")
end

UserInputService.TouchPan:Connect(Pan)

Using any of the touch based emulators (mobile or tablet) cause no result or print. Would be nice to have clicking recognised on touched based devices on the emulator as touch, and not click

10 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

7 Likes

Same issue here with this similar code:
(it works on actual mobile device, but not on the emulator in Roblox Studio)

local ThumbButton = script.Parent
local function onThumbButtonTouchPan(touchPositions, totalTranslation, velocity, state)
print(“------”)
end
ThumbButton.TouchPan:Connect(onThumbButtonTouchPan)

Thanks for your help

2 Likes

any news from Roblox about that?? :-/

2 Likes

I’m going to bump this since we’re coming up on a year. The emulator is absolutely useless if it doesn’t emulate touch.

8 Likes

I’m going to bump this topic again. This report was made almost a year ago (bar a week). What’s the point in having a mobile emulator when it doesn’t mimic touch?

4 Likes

Did this ever work? If not, posting something in #feature-requests might be more prudent.

3 Likes

I can confirm that this has never worked. We have it on our mid to long term roadmap but have no time estimates when it’s going to be done.

4 Likes

I’m going to bump this up again. This issue does not seem to be fixed yet.

We have a feature coming in early 2024 to add multi-touch support to the Studio emulator, this will be resolved then. If you have any questions just let us know. Thanks again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.