Tower Defense Help!

It is I, Flumzee! I am working on a group project of a tower defense game. I have gotten stuck on the movement part of the game. I have been trying to replicate the movement/node system of TDS/TDX. My problem is that I cannot find out how to do the curved paths.

I have tried to use Bezier curves, but only got as far as making the curve, not actually movement. I have also researched a lower known method, splines or Hermite splines, but couldn’t figure out how to use one. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

If you can generate some close-ish points along a Bezier curve, then you could just make short straight segments between those points.

Is it possible that I make a Bezier curve within the script, so if the part has an attribute of like curve = true, I could just make it follow the curve and when it’s done, it just moves along on the path?

I don’t recall ever seeing a curved path in a TD game, sounds unique and interesting. Perhaps you could try using pathfinding and make parts that the pathfinder will avoid, maybe that will help. If not then hopefully this will help you with the splines?