TPGI RE4 - Faster Realtime GI!

At least on my device the difference is negligibly small so I didn’t ship TPGI with the tag, I would actually be really interested if it does have an effect for you

I feel like leaking the next gen TPGI

This image is tooling related :wink:

1 Like

I feel like giving you guys another leak

Heres a wip debug view :wink:

Is there a testing game for this? I’m very interested in buying these tools. Also, can I use this in any game that I own? What’s the performance like?

1 Like

Yes but also no, its just crossroads since I never had time to make a proper demo game. Ill DM you a link.

You are allowed to modify and share your copy (ex collaborating with another dev on a game), you are not allowed to redistribute (as in sell, give it away, etc - that would be cring).

TPGI is the most performant GI solution, Only extremely mesh heavy scenes will slow stuff down. I regularly get around 120-140 FPS in the crossroads scene with light settings, and around 80-90 with higher end settings. (using FPS unlocker)

1 Like

Where do I import the GI??? In the workspace I’m guessing???

1 Like

Place TPGI inside ReplicatedFirst for best results

1 Like

Is this some kinda like Shadow graphic but less lag Kf just Improved compatibility Smoother graphcì

1 Like

Hey, i know this is a stupid question but how exactly do i use this?
Do I drag it into plugins folder?
Into replicated storage?
I have no idea really

short explanation :
TPGI uses raytracing to simulate the way light bounces in the real world, then projects it onto the scene with light emitting ‘probes’

long explanation :
Light in the real world bounces around, Causing shadows to never be fully dark. When light bounces it also picks up coloring from objects it hits. The combination of these two effects in computer graphics is known as ‘indirect illumination’ which when combined with ‘direct illumination’ (robloxes built in lighting) you get ‘global illumination’. In practice TPGI basically tries to emulate the effect by filling the scene with light emitting ‘probes’ and doing simplified raytracing + lighting resimulation to approximate coloring+brightness.

This is a really good video on the general idea, Though TPGI takes some liberties to keep performance good and to adapt concepts from rendering to lighting probes

1 Like

You Just have to drop it into replicated first

1 Like

Oh ok. Thank you!
Keystrokesssss

1 Like