Trade Page Overhaul

The trade page is quite old, hasn’t been updated in so long, and deserves a facelift. Here are my ideas that would make trading so much more better.

(Thanks to rolimons for images and motivation)

1. Trade Offers

I feel like we should have a page dedicated to trade offers, now that LMaD is gone.

It could be something like this:

When the trade is completed, the message gets removed. When the user no longer has the items, the message is removed, and so on. This will remove the purpose of having LMaD, as trade requests are visible to everyone.

There could be a drop-down menu to select relevant trades, new trades, etc. and possibly a thumbs up/thumbs down counter if people like the trade.

2. More Trade Slots

We NEED more trade slots now, it’s gone on far too long.

I removed robux there because frankly I find it annoying how much you’re taxed.

This will stop multi-trades, the need for a middleman, etc. Basically all shady stuff will cease.

3. Better stats and values

An amazing website, Rolimons tells you the values of many items. It’s constantly updated and very legitimate, as only staff can change values.

RAP won’t suffice, we need a value counter as well. Some items that haven’t been bought, for example, Admiral of The Royal Skyfleet, say 20k rap, when in reality they’re 90k value. Admiral of the Royal Skyfleet | Rolimon's

Please consider adding these features.

51 Likes

To add more on to what’s been said, I do feel that directly leaving offers wouldn’t ONLY work on trades, but purchases as well. Just look at the Steam market as a nice example, people put up the price they’re willing to pay as something to go with the price they’re willing to sell. If someone needs to get some quick cash, they can accept the highest price.

This would also, in turn, help a bit with the last point, seeing as it shows how far some would pay for such items, thus giving some sense of value.

Lastly, in terms of trade slots, I’m surprised that this hasn’t changed before. It all really hinges on how much Roblox trusts their security, something Steam has let users expand upon by giving them unlimited slots. Considering the value of a lot of the items, that’s certainly not a trust to scoff at, but it would mean Roblox would have to up the amount of security they give users if they feel it’s not enough to warrant increasing the trade slots.

In the end, though, doing such a change, and the changes needed to implement it, just lead to a safer trade system in the long run.

5 Likes

I support a change in the way the trade system is currently set up. I think there are probably better ways than suggested here though.

Although you did remind me of something that has me really mad. I was going to put some funds into my group but I didn’t have builders club and ROBLOX tax you 90% of the amount spent. Which is absolutely crazy! This is insanely tight and needs to be changed! It was bad enough that they used to tax you 70%!

To put this in perspective, if I made a shirt for R$ 1,000, I would only gain R$ 100.

To get R$ 1,000 I would have to spend R$ 10,000!

@Nightgaladeld

4 Likes

Just thought of an idea which definitely should happen, before any of the ideas in the OP.

Live Trade Checker:

Too many times have people fallen for multitrades, where someone sends a profitable trade to someone else, then trades an item in that trade to someone else. They then ask them to accept a bad trade, which gives them extra profit, and when the victim goes to accept the trade in their favour, it rejects, because the user has already traded off that item.

Trades need to automatically decline whenever the items in offer are not in the user’s inventory anymore. Not only will it stop multitrades, but it will remove a ton of trades that are not able to be completed anyway.

Please consider adding this.

2 Likes

Please stop messaging me about inbound or declined trades. At the very least make it a setting that I can disable. I don’t care to receive message notifications about my trades. This should be moved to the notifications at the top right like friend requests and new messages are.

5 Likes

So I woke up to over 100 messages today, all trading-related.

Can we please allow the option to turn off trade messages? If I get a trade request, I’ll get a notification for it, I don’t need a message. I only want a message if the trade I sent/accepted is completed, I don’t need a message telling me that it was declined, I don’t need constant messages whenever someone sends me a trade request.

I like having a clean inbox, and this is just a nuisance. The only way to resolve this is to turn off trades, which I don’t want to do.

5 Likes

yes I would love to be able to disable these messages

being owner of the largest trading group, I get a lot of trades and currently the only solution is to disable trades, which I don’t want to do because well, believe it or not, I enjoy trading

3 Likes

The trading system desperately needs an overhaul! Since its inception, aside from visual changes, it has severely fallen behind, especially in UX. If Roblox plans to introduce UGC scarcity in the form of limiteds, the trading system seriously needs improved.

Here are some suggestions I think will go a very far way to help make trading easier and more accessible, removing many headaches, as well as keeping users involved in trading safer.

Trade Page: Collectible Search

Currently, navigating through user’s collectible inventory, especially to trade, absolutely sucks for any larger inventories. Fan-made sites like Rolimon’s allows for an easy way to view specific player’s inventories, and their combined RAP/Value, but the problem still exists when sending or countering a user’s trade in the send trade page.

Here’s an example. I want to send this user a trade for their Dominus Aureus, and I want to give them RV+. Finding this item alone in my inventory requires me to go through 29 pages, out of a total of 68 pages. This doesn’t even include the other items I may wish to add on.

SHAREX_1666624849

Okay… this was worse than I was expecting it to be lol. Almost 70 pages, and I’m not even past a hoard of a singular item, which is a suggestion for later.

SHAREX_1666624952

It’s extremely tedious to navigate a user’s collectible inventory, especially in the trade menu, just to be able to send them a trade. If I could simply search “Aureus”, this could relieve so much of the tedious work as shown above. I was struggling to find an item for several minutes in my own inventory, JJ5x5’s Top Hat, to send to someone else. The sorting is also unusual (seems to be by UAID?), making it trickier to guess where the item may be.

Multiple Copies

As you could guess from the suggestion above, multiple copies, also known as hoards, of a collectible item make it more tedious to find an item, combined with unique collectibles owned by the user.

Using Rolimon’s, I can see this user currently owns 979 copies of the 8-Bit HP Bar, and has a total number of 5,216 collectibles. Over 500 pages I may need to click through to find their Aureus. :sweat_smile:

It would help tremendously if hoards of items could be combined into one card. If it’s a limited unique (limited # of serials/copies), then you could have the option to go through and select the serial you want to trade for, such as a #1 serial, which often goes for overpays.

While internally, there is a separator for regular limiteds, known as UAID, this isn’t usually important to users and is only ever used in the trading community for tracking specific copies of any limited to see which inventories they went through (such as avoiding copies which may have recently been stolen - unintentionally picking up one of these may lead to account moderation. An example being a recent dev which was comped out of 50M robux, and bought expensive items with it. Users need to avoid these ‘poisoned’ copies to stay safe while trading, especially for larger items).

It would be great if this could be extended to our inventory pages as well, so navigating them with hoards of the same item also becomes easier, though it is not as important.

More Trade Slots

Trade slots. Trade slots. You’ve likely heard this a thousand times by now. Currently, we are limited to 4 trade slots for each side per trade. While this may have been enough years ago, large trades happen all of the time, and while it’s mostly used in good faith, the community resorts to a method known as ‘massing’. This requires sending multiple trades to a user where they give say 50K rap for a 200 RAP small. I’ve even participated in many myself, sometimes going first, sometimes not, but people get scammed all the time by this.

If we received more trade slots, possibly up to 8-16, this could greatly reduce the amount of mass-related scams that occur, ESPECIALLY when it comes to hoards of items. I may want to trade x80 of my gucci bags to someone to ‘upgrade’ for a larger RAP item. This could be easier solved if you could add 80 of them, and they only take up one trade slot. Trade slots should be for unique items, while it shows a ‘x80’ next to it to indicate 80 copies are being included. If this is a limited unique, it would be nice if it also showed which serials we are giving.

Remove Trade Messages

Trade messages give no practical information to users & traders. Users with collectibles receive many trades, and this only makes it harder to read our actual messages in our inboxes. There’s a little bubble that shows how many trades we have inbound on the sidebar, which acts as enough of a notification.

Trade Page: Updated Asset Categories

New asset categories have been released and there are no categories for them in the Trade Page, as well as inconsistent naming with these assets elsewhere.

“Faces” are now known as “Classic Faces”. There’s new layered clothing and heads which don’t appear here either. It may seem like an unusual request, but there have been two layered clothing limiteds so far, which only appear in “All Accessories”. While it isn’t as important yet, it would likely be needed at some point, at least one for general “Clothing”.

There is also an inconsistency here - it states “All Accessories”, when in reality this is just “All”. It shows Faces, Gears, and layered Clothing as well.

While there are many other suggestions I’d like to give, such as automatic Projection detection, better historical sales graphs (combined volume & RAP for each day), or trade offers as @younite suggested, I’d currently find user experience improvements more important. I will add any suggestions if I can think of some, those are just the ones off the top of my head.

1 Like

It’s a niche use, but as an egg collector I rely on UAIDs to identify the early copies of limited items. I’ve used it to get the Bombastic Egg of Annihilation #1, Hot Pink Fabergé Egg #1, and a Tabby Egg earned before the public beta testing of Egg Hunt 2016…

But they look identical on the trade page. If I’m not careful, I could easily trade away an early copy I overpaid a lot for. If hoards were combined to save on space, I’d like for regular Limiteds to be selected by UAID, similar to Limited Uniques.

1 Like

I actually thought I was the only one who did this lol! It’s a reason I didn’t mention it, but I do prefer keeping the original copies of items that I own, such as the exact UAIDs I got in the egg hunt or some item I purchased years ago, as it’s some sort of sentimental attachment I have, especially if I was the first purchase which is another use for them.

It would be nice if these separate copies could still be identified in some way. I know with RoPro you can open the Rolimon’s UAID page to view the exact copy to send, as I’d like to keep my original BbA (Bombastic Antlers). Only reason I didn’t mention a way is I can’t think of a nice way they could realistically implement it without showing long numbers that may mean nothing to the ordinary user, even if the way it’s implemented isn’t my concern, just would be nice to show my use cases that way.

Also, off topic, but cool to see you here! I saw you own x7 beleoa, very cool collection :slight_smile: I’m trying to collect all the eggs too but I may be out of luck if Roblox doesn’t plan to make all pre-2017 eggs limited heh (they skipped over Stooge Egg & studio/website eggs for 2013 :eyes: would love to get the eggcellent scripter egg).