Trading Glitch, Hat's do not show "equip" and "sell" after trading for them. (Website & Mobile)

Reproduction Steps
I simply accepted a trade for the Midnight Blue Sparkle Time Fedora. After I went to my Inventory I could not find the hat, I went to the page and it says “Owned” but will not equip and the sell button keeps disappearing.

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/99.0.4844.84 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer
    *Also will not show or equip on Mobile Avatar page

Expected Behavior
The hat should be able to be found in “recent” accessories, it should have an “equip” button on the items profile and a sell button.

Actual Behavior
When I accepted the trade, the hat went into my inventory but would not show anywhere, it was not even in my accessories at first, then it was not in recent accessories (Which it goes to when you accept a trade.) It does not show the equip button on the hats page on desktop nor mobile app. The sell button also seldom pops up, but does when I keep refreshing.

Workaround
The only workaround I found was to refresh many times and scroll to the bottom of my accessories in hopes to see it there, which I did, then when I equiped the hat it shows in my recent accessories, but not on the hats page itself. I can still not equip it.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Midnight Blue Sparkle Time Fedora - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Very Rarely
Date First Experienced: 2022-04-02 04:04:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-04-02 00:04:00 (-04:00)

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

Sorry we missed this. Everything should be working properly, are you still having the issue? Lmk and I’ll get in touch with the engineers.

Hey, I am currently having this bug 2/18/2024. I traded for a Midnight Blue Sparkle Time Fedora but I can’t equip it. It doesn’t show up in my recents, or under my “Head” Accessories. I tried wearing it using the advanced feature and putting in the ID, and it still didn’t work.

After a day, now my hats load and I can wear it. Maybe it takes a day for it to fix itself?

Great, marking Closed - will you let us know if it comes back?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.