Trading is HEAVILY bugged, requests failing, UUC glitch prevalent

While reports for this have existed in the past, as well as threads on it here, the trading system in the last couple of days has been seriously bugged, causing tons of requests to fail on the trading page to show a limited number of Completed / Inactive trades.

The major issue here, that has not been fixed after years of being an issue, is the ‘UUC glitch’.

This is known as a RNG issue with trading, where if you send a trade to someone, and they accept it, there’s a slim chance that they will receive your items, but you won’t receive yours. While lots of traders are honest, and will trade back your items due to this severe trading bug, there have been many cases of traders running off with the other parties’ items - sometimes over hundreds of thousands of value in loss, and the only chance to get this back is by emailing Roblox Support - something we know is already extremely tedious and usually doesn’t help in many cases - my last several messages to support have not helped whatsoever, and it feels like they don’t have a clue as to what I’m talking about, meaning my issue never really gets resolved.

The final straw to push myself to make this report today is I was just UUC’d today, and this isn’t actually my first time, luckily my first it just took a couple of minutes to process. Here, the trade was created, the items were processed, but I didn’t receive their item(s), and the trade just doesn’t appear anymore - not in Processing, not Completed, nor Inactive. I simply lost over 1,400,000 robux of value in a snap due to the UUC bug.

For reference, the trade that was done is shown below - I didn’t receive STF (Sparkle Time Fedora), but they received every item on my side (Red Grind+).

For a reference to the UAIDs, here’s my Rolimon’s profile, which has history dates of which items I lost. I’ll be working to get my items back for now through support (hopefully), but I wanted to report just how critical this issue is.

Expected behavior

I expect for the trading errors to be resolved that have happened for the last couple of days, but this thread is mostly concerning the state of trading today, and how risky it is to just lose your items like that due to a bug which has existed for several years now. I hope that the UUC bug can be properly fixed, and that the loss of millions of value for users who use the trading system and were a victim of this issue can have their loss of items be investigated, and hopefully returned, without the need to contact Roblox support.

12 Likes

To show the magnitude of this bug, the term “UUC” has been mentioned 776 times in the past 6 days, and 55,447 times in the past 4 years. In one discord server.

The trading community is suffering enough already with the item holding period, and to have a bug where you can just randomly lose your items isn’t helping. To add salt to the wound, you have to go through the support team to even have a chance at getting your items back. And many of the support agents have no clue what the UUC bug is. :confused:

4 Likes

Thank you for bring this issue to our attention again. As far as we know, the recently trade issues are not caused by UUC exploit. We have been researching the bug and monitoring the situation.
Please report the missing items to the customer service, the team will handle it.
Once we have confidently fix the bug, we will post the update.

5 Likes

Happened to me too. I keep trying to contact support but they seem to think I am talking about in-experience items, when I specified VERY clearly I am talking about Roblox limiteds trading on the Roblox website. No help to me at all. How did you get help @Evercyan?

Roblox support seems to give copy and paste responses with little help as if they don’t know what you’re talking about initially - keep responding to clarify you’re on about avatar items on the Roblox website, and they should eventually understand and request details on the incident.

Make sure to also always respond within 72 hours - don’t spam them, but if it gets close, I’d respond asking for an update, because I’m told they automatically close tickets after that time threshold.

It’s also likely important to not phrase it as a scam, and make sure they know you’ve always had full account access, and this is at fault of Roblox, so they don’t run you through scam support which may use one of your ‘one-time courtesy’ rollbacks.

2 Likes

We’ve identified an error in the trade system which could cause less than 1% of accepted trades unable to complete successfully in the past.
The patch was immediately deployed about two weeks ago. Since the patch was applied, we’ve no longer seen issue occurred again.
The team will continue process the user reports in the queue. Thanks for your patience.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.