Traffic System Prototype |

Took a stab at a traffic system today and it’s working out pretty well! The intersections were kind of hard to get down but now ill be adding things like stop signs etc hopefully it goes well anyways heres the proDUCKt

22 Likes

That’s a pretty cool prototype. How did you approach making this?

1 Like

Basically I used AI Pathfinding

2 Likes

neato. one thing though: half of the traffic is on the right side of the road, and the other half is driving on the left lol

3 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
30chars

This is pretty cool. I think it looks great so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I plan on adding traffic lights and other stuff!

1 Like

This is great! I especially enjoyed the twisting of the cars when they changed directions :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m really interested in what you would use this for? A role-play? Car racing game?

1 Like

Im currently making developing a Spider-Man game right now and these cars are gonna be used to make the city feel alive!

1 Like

I was actually going to make something like this, but people drive the car, each car has a no-collide part on the outside, same as the edges of the roads and most painted lines, once a car gets near this barrier, it moves to the middle of the road.

1 Like

Why would you automatically move a car that a person already has control of?

Mostly talking about the part of your build where it stops for players and cars.

It won’t auto drive, only correct drivers mistakes so as to stop crashes that could require an admin to come in and clear all cars.

Could you show me some video if you have it

Haven’t started, Haha, I still need none free model cars!

1 Like