Train CFrame driving system

I am working on a train simulator for a fictional railroad system based on MTA: Long Island Rail Road. I want the game to have realistic trains with suspension, realistic sounds, Hunting Oscillation, and tilting on curves. However, when I use physics for the train movement, the train keeps jumping, jittering, and freaking out (Yes, if you look closely you can notice that there are invisible objects on the rails that were meant for the realistic hunting oscillation effect and the tilting on curves thing but instead it just freaks out and the invisible objects on the rails are not even that big), regardless of the weight on the train or how much MaxForce is on the BodyMover. Although I love using physics for transportation, it causes too many issues, and I’m now considering making a CFrame driving system instead. However, I’m not sure how to do that or how to implement track switches and a realistic hunting Oscillation animation for the driving system. I’ve tried using some open-source driving systems, but they weren’t advanced enough that they couldn’t tilt, there were no track switches, and the trains only rotate on the X and Y axes as they follow the nodes. I’ve been working on this project by myself since 2021, and it’s painful. Please send help as soon as possible.

3 Likes

I’m looking for the sane thing just node based on nodes or loops but nor sure how to get it to turn.

1 Like