Train doors won't budge

Hey Devforum, I am building a train with sliding doors and there’s a problem the door on the left won’t budge in walls I’ve tried duplicating the door and making the wall into a union but it doesn’t work.

Video of problem:
Screen Recording (4-07-2022 12-01-46 PM).wmv (10.0 MB)

Is there any solution to this?

You have CanCollide on. Make the script turn it off while they open and turn it on when they have fully closed.

Edit: Notice how the door on the right also does not go to the exact CFrame of the target block on the right. It gets stopped by it. I would turn the CanCollide for the targets off too as well but just in Studio and not via the script.

1 Like

But then the doors wouldn’t act realistically

You could have an invisible block be the actual door (as in what handles the collisions) and then the sliding doors just for visuals.

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea, do you think collision groups would also be a good solution

Actually yeah that seems like a better idea. I haven’t used collision groups yet but I assume you can make specific things only collide with other specific things.

1 Like

Thank you for your help, it means alot

No problem and your train is looking good! If you wouldn’t mind sharing a train tour when its completed that would be awesome :wink:

1 Like