Train Glider gets stuck on turn

I want to create a train system. I started over and got good luck until i hit this.

All of a sudden the train stops making turns at all. the bogie(wheels) turns in the oposite direction when it hits the turn, causing it to get stuck and will not budge whatsoever.

I have looked online but nobody either had my problem, or the solution broke it further or changed nothing.

I don’t believe its my scripts as they do not mess with any hinges used. I use the default roblox wheel hinge that attaches the bogie to the bottom of the train.

The Entire bogie has collision off excluding the wheels and gliders.

Video:

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

Usually, I don’t use hinges to attach the bogies and the gliders to the train base, I just weld them and make them less wide. You could try that.

1 Like

the train is going to be long with multiple cars(most likely 8), and if i did this it will get stuck regardless. It was working fine before so I don’t see a need for this. The gliders are attached to the bogie, which the bogie is attached to the base for realism.

Are you using meshes for the tracks? The hitboxes might be stopping the gliders.

1 Like

the track is a union, but i forced the collisions to be a box, so it technically is not collision wise

I’m not sure what the problem is, you can try making the gliders closer together.

1 Like

I also tried this, it simply worsened it. bringing them closer towards the center on both the x and z did not change this. It is very weird how it just stopped working.

I’m not sure if it’s your gliders that are causing the issue, since I can’t actually test it out.

1 Like

I’m 99% sure it is the gliders because if i remove them the train drives fine but it would obviosuly go off the track. Im very confused as ive never had this happen to me.

Sorry for wasting your time, it was the script changing the velocity of the hingeconstraint. I feel so dumb everytime I come here and spend days resisting and not coming here, but every time I do I realize its always me. Sorry. It was not the glider at all.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.