Train vehicle seat movement

Hello,

How do I make vehicle only to go 1 way, I mean I would like to avoid it from reserving.

3 Likes

Would you be able to elaborate on what you’re trying to accomplish (does go only one way mean you only want the vehicle to be able to go forward, only forward and backward, only left/right, etc.?), how your vehicle is set up and scripted already, and what you’ve already tried to do to make this work?

Based on what you’ve said, it sounds like you’re trying to find a way to ignore values of VehicleSeat.Throttle less than 0.

Please, make sure that you follow the rules to create threads here. Scripting support isn’t the place where you can get free scripts. Make sure you’ve done researches first and see if you have any scripts to come up with.

1 Like

I’m not asking for free scripts, just requesting to help.

If you are just asking for help, then you are in the wrong category.

Then what category should it be?

robloxapp-20200529-1739384.wmv (3.5 MB)

Here is the video.

I can’t open .wmv. Do you have a link to a YouTube video or something? Could you also show and explain your current train setup (what scripts and methods are you currently using to make your train move?) and what steps you’ve already taken to try to keep the train from reversing?

Okay, here is an photo.

1 Like

Use a changed event to detect if the player is trying to reverse. If the throttle is -1 (which means reverse), set the max speed of the vehicle seat to 0 to prevent the chassis from reversing.

local VehicleSeat = script.Parent
VehicleSeat:GetPropertyChangedSignal("Throttle"):Connect(function()
	if VehicleSeat.Throttle == -1 then
		VehicleSeat.MaxSpeed = 0
		return
	end
	VehicleSeat.MaxSpeed = 25
end)

I’d consider this hacky, but there’s no built-in way to do this. I’d just make my own vehicle controller altogether at this point.

3 Likes

It worked, thanks for helping out. Marked as Solution, have a nice day. :slight_smile: